Uber or Ecstacy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uber or Ecstacy?

Chuck, that makes sense. You have more time with it than I do (me simply dreaming of one and test driving one at this point), so are the two volumes close enough together for you to work with them in a live situation. From the schematic it appears that there'd be too big of difference for that to work...I never tried just flipping the switch back-n-forth on one.

Ross

Comment

I assume you are saying that if you were to get a TSL100, you'd send it to Trace over @ Voodoo Amps. I did this, and I will tell ya, the amps sounds sweet as hell. I also have one of his Hex amps (an old PA head he built one inside of) and it sounds incredible as well, but its only one channel.. If you are looking at spending big $, I might suggest a Mako, as many have described it as being a cross between a Uber, and an XTC, but being totally hand made (trannys and all are in house) PTP, and still pricing in at only $1750, and Andrew will mod it for free to give you exactly what you want. Sounds like a steal to me. Only catch is its a 5-6 month wait per order.

Comment

Yea if I got the TSL it would definately go to Trace for an overhaul. I would have everything beefed up, and have a better clean channel done.

Comment

As far as the SLO and Ecstasy comparison at MAkin Music we compared them side by side (classic and 101b) and the SLO did it for me honestly and the 2 guys I was with. Now the cleans were better with the Bogner I must admidt but the SLO killed it on the gain. The SLO cleans were good to just not as good
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Also I ahve to put a Vote in for the Zinky Mofo if you can try one. Espescially with the Zinky cab is it a great sounding amp. Very articulate likes big bassy woods and holds together great. Not as High gain as an SLO but plenty enough for most everyone. Higher gain than a modded JCM800 and super articulate and for 900-1100 you can't beat it at that price. the clean is limited but good with only on tone knob. Bruce uses aircraft grade boards so the amp is reliable and more importantly light. YeeHaww. I will keep plugging this amp until you all try one [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
            X