There may be hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There may be hope

Found a JVM205h on FB for 200 bucks..supposedly it fell off a 4x12 "and may have a bad tube because it fades in and out"

Talked to the local amp tech and he said for the price buy it, if he cant fix he would by it from me for parts.

So I drive 100 miles to pick it up and of course its not intermittent when I get there, its doa.

Buy it anyways as it looked to be in like new condition, got it home, nothing from the preamp, feed the power amp and nothing, lights come on , foot switch work, no tube glow though I can feel a slight hum, Take it to the amp guy.. he sent me a text yesterday its alive but it has an intermittent problem, possibly a bad solder or wire, so he is gonna spend a little more time on it. Hope it works....
    A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Keep us updated! I bet its still going to be a smokin' deal after all is said and done

Comment

happy happy joy joy...lol

My amp tech just called, all fixed, $300 bucks. So Im into the head 500 all together...

Time to piss off some neighbors this evening...
      A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Comment

Got it home... Interesting creature this jvm is... I've had peavey Ss and tube amps, a vox ac 30, ampeg ss70c etc... Damn this Marshall is thick. Damn this think is touchy it gets away from you with squeals clipping etc pretty easy but it's the first amp I ever used that seemed alive and supercharged the guitar. It's going to take some getting used to...

Comment

Awesome! $500 is great. Give it some time and if your not fond of it, you can flip it for some decent cash and get something else.

Comment

The JVM's are one of those amps that have more gain available than necessary. Especially the orange and red modes. Don't feel obligated to crank the gain, there is plenty on tap below noon on the knob.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Nice sure man!

Comment

Working...
              X