5150 LBX thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5150 LBX thoughts?

Hi guys I have an orange dark terror but I want a more saturated tone. I originally was looking at either a peavey 6505mh or 6505 112.

Unfortnately the 6505mh sounds like shit and the 112 is $1000 here in Australia.

Luckily I found on thomann that I can get a 5150 lbx (blue n red version) for AUD $750 or so delivered which is amazing as its a $1,600 amp here!

So im just looking for thoughts from those who have played or own one and for some some bites or youtube videos if any of y'all have created some. Im after raw thoughts not ones from music channels on youtube who try to play light rock on metal amps.

Gonna be running through a 112 V30 cab.
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

I've got the LBX and I really like it. You will not have trouble achieving a
    saturated tone on it. It does have one serious drawback that can, sort of,
    be worked around. They call it a 2 channel amp, but it is really a single
    channel with 2 modes. But they share the master volume and gain controls!
    And, worse, the red--lead--setting is quieter than the blue setting. Don't know
    how they managed that. I've thought about getting a second one and just
    toggling between amps! Apparently the new ones have separate gain and
    master controls, but it's the green and blue settings, not the ultra read mode.

You can get around it by using a clean boost in the loop with the red mode active,
    or you can OD the front of the blue mode and use a clean boos in the loop for
    solos. It is quite frustrating, but nonetheless a really great sounding amp.
    It's my main home studio amp. You should probably try one out first to see if you
    can deal with the volume disparity between the 2 modes, but this thing can definitely
    melt your face off! Good luck with it...

Comment

Thanks man, yeah volume issue is no problem as i only play at home n im fine even with just 1 channel as im use to it with the dark terror lol
      USA Jackson RR1
      Charvel Model 6
      Jackson Performer-2
      Orange Dark Terror
      EVH 5150 LBX
      Hello Senòr

Comment

They're badass amps. You'll love it.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieTerry84 View Post
          Thanks man, yeah volume issue is no problem as i only play at home n im fine even with just 1 channel as im use to it with the dark terror lol
          In that case, for sure go for it. You won't be disappointed!

Comment

Working...
          X