NAD-Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD-Marshall

Picked up a new amp today off Facebook, of all places. Picked up a Kitchen Aid stand mixer for my gal, and whilst perusing the FB trader, came across this. It had been posted up for sale for a few weeks at a reasonable price, but not posted in actual music gear trading FB groups. So, since I got her a present, I said, if I can get this guy down a bit in price, can I pick this amp up? She agreed, I messaged him, we haggled, decided to meet halfway, and well, here it is...

She's pretty clean. have't cracked her open yet, but no noise, fuzz, scratchy pots, or any sort of curious sounds. Most of it was paid for by the sale of a Bugera V22 I got in trade last month. She can keep my 2204 and my 5275 company!

Any recommendations on settings? Tips? Hints?

Congratz! Great amp. Got a DSL50 too.
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

She has potential. Still love my Boogie and JCM 800, but this might fall into the rotation. It's got pretty nice cleans; much better than my 5150II.

Comment

I had a TSL 100 for a while, but couldn't bond with it. It had a harsh, thin distortion, while the DSL is closer to the classic 800 with boost (but with a much better clean channel!).

All I can say for high gain Marshalls is that the midrange knob is your friend---crank it! If you want a clean boost, try the MXR 10-band EQ (if anything, roll off high end with the upper sliders and boost mids). And you probably need far less preamp gain than you think.

Other options include Yngwie's solutions like the DOD Preamp 250 or his sig pedals. All are designed to provide a loud, clear boost, which is definitely what I want when I love the inherent sound of an amp.
        '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
        '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
        '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
        '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
        '90 Charvel 475 XL
        '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
        Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
        Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
        Marshall JVM410H

Comment

I'm on the fence right now with a TSL 60. Trying to re-save for an AX8 but It's hard with good deals to be had..

Hope you're enjoying it! Love that high gain bite these have.
          I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Great taste on Amps and mixers. Kitchen Aids rule!

Comment

Working...
            X