Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Marshall Stable... so far....

You guys know I just LOVE amplifiers!
    My Marshall collection is getting bigger.

So far...

Marshall 9200
    Marshall JMP-1
    2 Marshall VS100RH's (I just love these 100w Valvestate 3 channel heads)
    Marshall JCM900 SL-X #2100
    Marshall JCM900 #4100

I have owned or played pretty much every Marshall ever made or at least a similar version to almost every one.

Tone is absolutely subjective. No doubt about it. My favorite Marshall tones tend to come from JCM900's. I know that the 4100 gets a bad rap because it has diode clipping but to my ears... its a fantastic high gain Marshall tone especially when its getting kicked in the teeth by an overdrive pedal. I like the Okko Diablo or the MXR GT-OD. Actually, just about any overdrive pedal sounds good in front of the 4100. The 2100 which has no diodes and instead has an extra preamp tube doesn't really need any pedasl although I like a tube screamer with the gain dialed down to nothing to just tighten it up a bit.

For the budget player... you really can't beat the VS100H Valvestate. I did a gig a few weeks ago and both lead guitar players used the VS100H heads and 2 x 12 cabs. They sounded great. You could pick up these amp heads used for under $200 all day long. 3 channels, no external pedals required.

Nice little stable. Any Marshall cabs in there to add? Here's my Marshall extract:

'84 JCM800 2204 (Modded)
    '84 JCM800 2210 (Modded)
    JMP-1
    '85 1960B Cab (G12T-75's)
    AVT20
    (sold) AVT150H

Nothing like an OD infront of a crunchy Marshall. As you can probably guess the 800's are my go to, simple, loud, and proud! I'm not a fan of the 4100 (too 'stiff' to me) but I do enjoy the SL-X. Different flavours I suppose! I also agree the valvestates are incredible for their price (hence why I kept one for practice) and I would have no problem lugging one around as a backup.

Comment

Pics or they're all Bugeras.....

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
      X