The most accurate drop tune pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most accurate drop tune pedal?

I tried a Digitech Drop today, and it was good. I then tried the EHX PitchFork, and it was the worst pitch shifter I ever heard. I have in the past tried a Morpheus DropTune (when it was still in production), but never had to chance to buy one.

I'm looking for a pedal that will allow me to drop from E to D, and be able to cope with pinched harmonics, palm muting and string bends.

Which pedal do you find to be perfectly accurate, or at least, the most glitch-free pedal?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

The Morpheus is adequate but like any piece of gear it has its own picadillos. For me, sometimes I despise mine, feeling as though everything is flubby and lifeless. Other times I forget it's even engaged and ask myself if it's just me tonewhoring and convincing myself it's awful. The truth is likely somewhere in between.

For soloing in particular I often feel like it's "man voiced"... like a dude trying to sound like a chick. The pitch is there but something in the timbre makes you go "hmmm".

No one I play with ever complains. To the contrary they don't seem to know what I'm talking about when I am whining about switching for a song.

Comment

I borrowed a Digi Drop and it was easy to use, fun to practice cover songs without retuning. Not good enough for live use or replacement to manual tuning. Strumming along to slow tempo songs you can get away with the pedal. Anything fast or solos and the effect lags iand just does not sound right.

Comment

Is there a pedal that tunes up a pitch? Say if I play in Eb and want to play a song in E.

Comment

My old Boss PS-2 was my fav. Still is, actually. But I rarely use it.
          It wasn't a "step" tuner. You would need to dial in the right amount of shift.
          Great for doing those weird 1/4 step tunings. Or the times when the cassette speed was slightly off, creating odd pitches. Also great for when the weather shifted and your guitar was still "in tune" but was not was now 434hz.

Comment

Working...
          X