Peavey 6505 212 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey 6505 212 question

Hey everyone, been a few years. I bought a Peavey 6505 212 combo and of course it's a beast (tone and size lol) but want to add a _____ pedal to give it a richer, more dynamic tone if that makes any sense. Maybe a digital delay? An overdrive in front? Chorus? An EQ?? I don't want to go nuts with pedals/spending but want something to run in front of or in the loop for a more complete tone for rock like Motley VH Jake e Lee stuff. I hope someone follows me on this and can help. It's a badASS amp it just needs a little help to round out the raw tone. I will be running my stock RR-1 into it with its original SD p'ups Thanks.
    Last edited by JacksoNeal; 02-13-2017, 11:15 PM.
    Let go, let Guitar

I would think a TS9 or similar with gain 0 volume 10 tone 5 would tighten it up. Maybe take you amp to the store and experiment with different effect pedals and how they sound/interact with your amp.

Comment

Basically what was said above.

For me, I start with the pre down pretty low, like 2, turn the post up to 3-4, then work the pre back up to find a balance of personal taste and not going deaf. This is on the 112 so it may not translate directly.
      Last edited by TKEblue; 02-14-2017, 12:33 PM.
      I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

5150/6505 amps benefit immensely from a Sonic Stomp in the loop (sounds like you took a blanket off the amp...hard to describe) and a clean boost up front to tighten up the low end as recommended above.

I preferred to boost the Crunch channel with an OD when I had a 5150. Made it tight and chunky without being overly fizzy.

Comment

Thank you guys SO much for the input, I think the 2 suggested methods will be exactly what this thing needs. Love the 'blanket' analogy you used DRM, and I am going to order a Sonic Stomp and an OD to put in front. I guess Ibanez TS is the obvious choice but am also thinking maybe a DOD Looking Glass drive instead of the screamer. If yall think a Looking glass is a terrible choice for the 6505 fire away, won't hurt my feelings!! The reason I don't just take it to GC an try the dffnt options is because these 6505/5150 combo amps are more or less the size an weight of a Ford festiva ..lol. I'm going to order the Sonic and whichever drive pedal tomorrow so any input on which drive would be great. Thanks again to my fellow Jacksoners for the help, a question like this could be debated for eternity in this day of dumbasses with Internet product review education but we got this figured out quick an short!!!
          Neal
          Let go, let Guitar

Comment

Update...I went with a Jekyll n Hyde OD an the Sonic stomp. Can't wait to check it all out
            Let go, let Guitar

Comment

Badass man. I recommend using the Sonic Stomp sparingly at first, maybe with both knobs at 9 o clock and slowly bring them up to taste. I have mine with both knobs at noon and it makes the amp feel more full and sound clearer. Hopefully it's what you're looking for to spruce up the 6505 a little bit.

Comment

Working...
              X