Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa TC-50 got played today , Man let me tell you

Hello everyone,
    On my pedal quest today I got to sit in front of the Head and a horizontal 2 x 12 Mesa cab. They had a 2015 Charvel Hard tail San Dimas and a 2016 San dimas Tobacco Burst for me to use as I'm a charvel guy so I felt right at home.
    Man let me tell you all something, the clean channel on this thing is simply amazing. I could never use the other 2 channels and be tickled pink about this amp. WOW what sound what clarity what definition. The Bass response and warmth it was putting out, I never heard Vintage 30's sound that good ever with anything.
    I sat there and basically kept playing the same things as it just sounded so good. I wrote this song I call winter, it sounds a bit Charle Brown Christmas like but I don't care, it's amazing and I'm happy to come up with it. All this was going on before I did a reach around and turned on the Reverb. So then as any good man should I did a reach around and got the Reverb on, WOW it's amazing. It just sounds exactly how I wanted it to and every setting I moved responded with grace and harmony. This is it my friends, this is the clean I have been wanting all my life. I've been spoiled with Fender amps and My Krank as far as beautiful ultra clean channels. But this Mesa Boogie is very different then a Fender, it has its very own tone. It's wonder beautiful and so involving. I can see myself writing a ton of tunes with this channel.
    Remember this, I'm a Metal guy first and love nothing more then chugging away on a killer high gain amp with a Charvel in my hands. But this damn amp had me not desire to even switch channels. I can't believe it, I really wish Mesa would have released this amp 10 years ago when I was on the hunt for a Mesa amp. WOW Mesa perfect job.

So now on to channel 2, the crunch channel. Honestly this is also a Metal channel. I can get killer chugging tones out of it or incredible Rock tones. What a great channel and the setting for this amp on Normal are simply amazing. I tried the Tight setting but fell back to Normal as it did what I wanted it to do.
    YES the high gain channel is off the charts. Mesa keeps saying it's possibly the highest gain channel they ever created, they know damn well if it is or not. Either way it's a thumping tight controlled clear non muddy channel.

I will own this amp and I have found her, repeat I have found her. Rouge 2 to Echo Base I have found her!!! It's been a long time searching for a new amp, buying the 5150 III head and cab then returning it. I love my Krank for everything it can do but I long for a great OD rock channel and I simply don't have that, this does and it's 3 channels with Midi. The Boss ES-8 and this together is going to be awesome. Can't wait to revamp my rig. Now I gotta go through all the color offerings and pick the one that works.

If you have not played this and your looking for something like this do yourself and go find it and play it. I'm so happy I did. It's the best amp on the market for me and it's everything I have been looking for. It's like a custom shop model made just for me. I felt exactly that way when Charvel released the 2016 Hard Tail and the 2016 So Cal. They did all the upgrades I wanted to both those guitars , more so on the hard tail but nonetheless they are like what I would have made if I did a custom shop order. This Mesa is no different. It hits on all my dream points

1) 3 channels Clean Rock and Metal
    2) Buffered effects loop
    3) Midi Control
    4) head Phones jack for late night inspirations
    5) The most amazing clean channel one like me would ever want. It's voiced exactly how I've been thinking about a clean tone.
    6) Interchangable Tubes, how badass is that?
    7) Built in reverb. Not as dreamy as before I purchased the tc electronics Hall of fame as that pedal is outright outstanding but the built in reverb in this amp is to die for. I love exactly how it sounds and man is it nice. LOVE IT

So folks thats all for now. I plan on a revamp of my rig and can't wait to get one WOW.

Cool. Sounds like a winner. I am very interested in this amp too.

Comment

Man, I'm happy--and sad to hear this. Happy because sounds like Mesa made another amp with me
      in mind. Sad, because I can't afford to get one! Thanks for a great review!

Comment

I've been curious to try one of these, as well. Word is the gain channel is Mesa's best "hot-rodded Marshall" effort ever. Sounds like it might be very cool.

BTW, nice ESB reference. LOL

Comment

You are all welcome,
          I don't own one yet due to some home improvement projects I don't have the extra cash to go pick one up. But this is my next amp and cab. I just gotta decide if I'm gonna go Vertical 2x12 Horizontal 2x12 or get a full 4x12 which I don't need for anything other then looking cool. I think the 2x12 design is where it's at and I can play anywhere with a 2x12.

I'm gonna control everything with a Boss ES-8 unless I find something better which then Boss unit is full featured, I can't see ever needing anything else but maybe more loops. Even then thats a stretch.

Guys if you haven't plugged into one yet, do yourself a huge favor and go on a day trip, take a weekend , get on the road and find one. It's such an amazing sounding amp. I think it's the best sounding amp Mesa has ever built. I fully like it much better then the Mark V and John's head which by the way is pretty bad ass in it's own right. It's didn't call to me like this one does. The Mark V was close buy no Midi.

Comment

Working...
          X