No announcement yet.

Mesa Boogie Mark series.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some threads on RigTalk about these amps.

Comment

My local dealer has one. I didn't have time to play it the other day but I'm going back tomorrow. I'll let you know what it's like if I get to try it. I've got a mini Mark V so that's all I can use as comparison. I've played the big Mark V but it's been too long to remember what it was like.

Comment

Originally posted by themisfit138 View Post
        Well to get back on topic, I have been looking for a store that has a JP-2C also. I have a IIC++ but if the JP-2C is close in tone I wouldn't mind picking one up to save hours on the original. I just don't want to blind buy one and it not do what I want, I love the open yet saturated tone from the Mark IIC+, if the JP-2C can do that and not be compressed like the Mark V was, I will be happy.
        It's supposed to be a 2c+ and according to John it's just a modern version of that amp. It's exact but with some add on features like the dual eq, 3 channels with independent eq sections unlike the 2c+ which shared and was only a 2 channel amp. This supposed to sound exactly like the 2c+ but with Midi control. It's everything I want in a new amp but like you I can't just buy it without playing it first.
        I also like the Black Star 6L6 Series one head but same thing I can't plug into it so how do I really know this is the right amp for me or not?

Comment

I have Had my Jp-2c about a month. I really like it. It does hard rock heavy metal really well. I was able to dial in a sound I like in about 3 to five minutes on all 3 channels. Clean is clean on this no break up. Channel 2 and 3 are very similar. Reasonably quiet as well for so much gain available. You have to understand Boogie tone stack or you will never get what you want. Treble and presence act like gain. Also as gain goes up bass goes down I usually have gain 2:00 on #2 and 4:00 on 3. Bass is 7 or 8:00 barley on. YOu can add back bass if you want more after the preamp with the eq. I leave mids at 10:00 Boogie mid control at noon is the same as a marshall all the way on so no shortage of mids in fact I usually scoop with eq. The loop is transparent I leave it on all the time. My only minor complaint is that loop, reverb and shred are manual switches or midi. Right now I do not have midi controller or you could control channel switching,reverb , loop shred, via midi patches. I am trying to decide between keeping my pedals and using Boss es-8 or going to Boss gt-100 for effects only and midi switching. I played a real 2c++ back in the day and to me this is easier to use and sound just as good with better cleans.

MrHiwatt
          Last edited by mrhiwatt; 08-29-2016, 10:09 AM.
          Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
          RR1 Black
          RR1 Blue ghost flames
          Stealth EX
          Hamer Studio
          Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

That is a problem with the old Mark II or III, if you dial in a killer lead tone you have a bad clean. Then the IIC++ actually uses the clean channel as another gain stage.

Comment

yes with a real 2c+ you needed a dedicated clean amp or 2 c+ they really acted like single channel amp. They Jp 2c is like having 3 2c+ amps in one package

MrHiwatt
              Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
              RR1 Black
              RR1 Blue ghost flames
              Stealth EX
              Hamer Studio
              Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

Nice, I am pretty close to being sold on this amp. Is it open sounding like the real C+ or more compressed like the V?

Comment

It is more open than the Mark V I have played and is really close to the real 2c+ But I have not played a real one in 20 years.

MrHiwatt
                  Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
                  RR1 Black
                  RR1 Blue ghost flames
                  Stealth EX
                  Hamer Studio
                  Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

Originally posted by mrhiwatt View Post
                    It is more open than the Mark V I have played and is really close to the real 2c+ But I have not played a real one in 20 years.

MrHiwatt
                    Awesome! Thanks for the help! I will probably end up and get one.

Comment

I played one and loved it! Great cleans as I expected. Two high gain channels are killer! They sound tighter, and not as thin and nasally as the V can sometimes sound.

Comment

I gotta find someone with one of these on the floor. I feel this could be the one.

Comment

They are pretty awesome. I am a fan of the Mark Series and I was skeptical that this could provide anything new to the table. It does. It is really great if that is what you are looking for. Honestly though you can get more out of a Mark V but if you are looking for what the JP has to offer you won't be disappointed
                          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

The Midi control makes it way more attractive then the Mark V. But the Mark V sounds amazing. If It has Midi , I would be all over it.
                            How are you guys controlling your amp?

Comment

I am using the factory pedal on my JP-2c. I am saving up to get a boss ES-8 as it can control my effects and control everything on the Jp-2c

Mwal
                              Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
                              RR1 Black
                              RR1 Blue ghost flames
                              Stealth EX
                              Hamer Studio
                              Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

Originally posted by mrhiwatt View Post
                                I am using the factory pedal on my JP-2c. I am saving up to get a boss ES-8 as it can control my effects and control everything on the Jp-2c

Mwal
                                It does look attractive. 8 loops Midi and fully programmable Boss style which to me is awesome. I don't however like the asking price of this unit as I feel it should be around $399 or even at best $499. The $699 price point makes me want to buy a TC Electronics G system or a FX-8. Something higher end with built in effects and control.
                                I have the Boss GT-100 and it can do everything the ES-8 can do except the Loops for your own pedals. This isn't an issue with the GT-100 as it has all effects built in and you can wire it in the 4 cable method.
                                I don't know why Boss doesn't come out with a higher end model of the GT-100 to compete with Line 6 Helix and Processors of that level. I love single action pedals as I have a bunch but always like the ability to control everything with one press. Also having the ability to write my patches exactly how I want.
                                The ES-8 still in ways is attractive just wish is was a bit more affordable.

Comment

Working...
                                X