No announcement yet.

TC Electronics G system issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, they're basically the same concept. Effects for guitars are pretty standard and low tech, really. The only things that I can think of that would benefit from more processing power, more memory, etc., is reverberation and perhaps harmonizers/pitch shifters. They usually don't even bring out the big guns for guitar reverb, as guitar is quite low-fi, so to speak. I don't know for sure, but I also don't think much has happened in terms of AD/DA converters in recent years, so I wouldn't expect much of a difference, if any, in terms of audio quality. One thing Fractal Audio has going for them over their competitors is the comparably nice editors for their products. The one for the G-System is rudimentary.

Comment

Fractal also uses top quality convertors and has "Humbuster" technology to reduce noise. I'm not super familiar with the g-system, but the FX-8 is also capable of perfoming amp channel switching using 1/4" jacks or midi as well.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Damn, shit sounds so complicated...I'm trying to stay happy with my TC HOF reverb in the loop lol.

Comment

I'm sure you get top-notch quality regardless of wheter you buy TC or Fractal Audio products.

Comment

Yup, TC makes nice stuff.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
            X