No announcement yet.

Amp Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The JVM amps might be worth a look. They come in 50 and 100 watt models, heads and combos. I have the JS version which is a little different - the two OD channels are identical, and it has four noise gates and no reverb - but I imagine the other versions are very similar. Fantastic sounding amp from clean all the way to high gain at any volume. No need for preamps or attenuators, and they offer MIDI control. I believe they are all EL34 powered.
    Last edited by Texas Crude; 05-30-2016, 10:49 AM.

Comment

I am a huge fan of the JVM series amps. I've owned a 205H, the 1-watter, and now just have the 410H.

Like many high gain amps today, these are 100% preamp for their tone. They can slay at low volume and have decent bedroom manners. To give you a vague idea of how thick the distortion can be at super low volume, watch this horrible quality cell phone vid I just shot.

https://youtu.be/qMrauJN9-dU

I do have a Weber MASS, but bypassed it for the vid. Amp settings (all are o'clock)

OD2 Red

Gain: 9
      Bass: 1
      Mid: 11.5-ish
      Treble: 12.5
      Volume: 12
      Resonance: 3
      Presence: 3

The JVM is a killer fucking amp.

Comment

And the master volume is as low as it can be and still make noise.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
          And the master volume is as low as it can be and still make noise.
          Oh I know. I was surprised at how good mine sounds at minimum volume. They sound amazing at any volume. I tried mine at full blast using an attenuator and I couldn't hear any difference between that and what it normally sounds like with the MV above 2.

Comment

Look into a Carvin V3. It's also got MIDI control.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

VH4 - http://www.diezel.ch/en/products/vh4.php
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post

Cant agree more! I have a VH4S and absolutely love it. My main amp right now. It has EVERY feature you're looking for and more.
                "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  Hard to find around to demo, badass looking and sound clips are crazy awesome I've listened to. Thanks for pointing them out. They are on the list.

Comment

There is a VH-4 100 miles from me on Craigslist. Dude has sent me some clips but Im sticking with my Ultralead. Anyway 2500 Spokane ,Wa Craiglist. Decent price.

Comment

I've been posting ..well my wife's been posting silly vids of me playing my cheap EPi SG into a Line 6 30w spider II. I do that to unwind and relax before going to bed. But I haven't post my SERIOUS shit. My Bogner Uberschall and Marshall or 6505+, Blackstar. I'll post playing my Bogner Uberschall with one of my Jasksons or Charvels...whenever I feel like it.
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                      X