NAD. Mesa....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD. Mesa....

It was a good deal so I picked it up. Mesa Nomad 55 1 x 12 combo. 3 completely independent channels, foot switchable solo boost, 3 different reverbs, 5 button switch... Channel 1, 2, 3, solo, Reverb. It also has 2 modes per channel.
    Built like a tank like all Mesa products. Its on the smaller side of 12" combo's. Stupid loud and powerful.
    I have only played it for a few hours. I have owned every Mesa amp except for the new Mark 6. (or 5).
    Channel 1. Clean or pushed. Pushed can get you into SRV territory. Its a great channel
    Channel 2. This takes over where Channel 1 pushed leaves off. You can go from classic rock to 80's metal on this channel. It has 2 modes... vintage and modern and that's exactly what this switch does.
    Channel 3. This is the high gain channel. Its not a rectifier channel or tone. It does remind me of the rectifier a little. It also has a vintage and modern mode. This is a great channel for anything from 80's metal to the 90's Seattle stuff like Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, etc....
    Reverb is separate for all 3 channels. Its outstanding reverb. Solo boost has a knob on the front. Switchable on the floor. This is a MUST have for solo players.
    Effects loop has level controls making it easy to dial in perfectly for stomp boxes or processors.
    This amp has all the features I need in a live amp. The Nomad is not a well known Mesa amp. I don't think they make it anymore. I owned a Nomad 45 several years ago. It was NOTHING like this amp. This amp has a lot more features and is much more versatile.

One of my favorite Mesas next to the Maverick is the Nomad 100. Same thing as the 55, but with the famous 5 band graphic. I've had two over the years, a black tolex and an exotic wood (private grade flame maple with the wicker grille) - both were 2x12 combos. Would have liked to keep the wood/wicker one but it was too pretty, lol!! NO WAY I was gigging that sucker and the black one left to pay for the wood one.

Enjoy that amp, it is a nice one!!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
      One of my favorite Mesas next to the Maverick is the Nomad 100. Same thing as the 55, but with the famous 5 band graphic. I've had two over the years, a black tolex and an exotic wood (private grade flame maple with the wicker grille) - both were 2x12 combos. Would have liked to keep the wood/wicker one but it was too pretty, lol!! NO WAY I was gigging that sucker and the black one left to pay for the wood one.

Enjoy that amp, it is a nice one!!!!
      Yea, Mark, I was digging into it deep last night. This is a really nice sounding amp. Its one of the few that has 3 channels that are all usable. I will be using this amp live in the future. It can handle all the genre's of music that I play with no outboard overdrives or distortion boxes. Just a delay in the loop.

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having another 100 2x12. I liked that it was sort of like my Riveras in the sense that you could do metal but it wasn't exactly like the Rectifier series. It was more of a "rock" amp if that makes sense. It also blended really well into a multi-amp rig. I did a couple gigs with the Nomad and the Rivera S120 with two 1x12 cabs. The two amps made a really great sound together. Just too much crap to bring to do a 35 minute set. I did a season on the Nomad before getting the "furniture" version. At that point I went back to Rivera exclusively. Kept the "furniture" amp for a couple of years and then sold it to a Mesa endorser after being contacted by Mesa (it was after the amps had already been discontinued). I got paid handsomely for the amp, which allowed me to buy a bunch of other cool shit!!!!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X