Got an AWESOME new toy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
    True, and sadly the amount of great music being created today is at all time lows.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA - yeah, but as my optimistic drummer says, "Well the quality of music is all subjective, anyway, isn't it???"

Shit is still shit in the end.....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHA - yeah, but as my optimistic drummer says, "Well the quality of music is all subjective, anyway, isn't it???"

Shit is still shit in the end.....
      But if I WANTED to I could record the greatest song in the world. I just choose to dick around with Snapchat instead today.

Comment

yeah, that's kind of the way of the world, isn't it?
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I couldn't tell you what we use while filming. I just show up and play, lol.
          But, my personal gear is an L6 product.
          Here's how I justify spending $500 on L6 instead of $3k for something else...

Sure, I use to take my $50 pedals and alter them (purely for teenage experimentation). But then I got rid of pedals and went rack.
          Never did I rip open any of my rack gear and alter it. Never did I crack open my amp and try to alter it.
          So, why would I need that sort of ability in my modeler? I get lost when you guys talk about 500k pots on guitars, why would I need to change a virtual diode on my virtual amp.

Therefore, I don't need that ability.

L6 is rather straight forward in that regards. And, sound quality -- hey, if it was junk, I wouldn't have bought it.
          But mainly, it comes down to the fact that I do not need to pay for the ability to use choose a virtual amp, and then virtually rewire the virtual amp. I never did it in real life, I am never going to do it in fake life.

Comment

I'm just going to agree with whatever Pianoguyy says. He seems to have flawless logic IMO. So from now on just add a +1 to everything he says. Because even if I disagree, he responds by making sense...then I agree. So what's the point of debating? Damn you Pianoguy. You're good...maybe too good.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
              True, and sadly the amount of great music being created today is at all time lows.
              There is plenty of good music out there honestly it is just because of technology the market is way over saturated. Because of technology really everything is out there and even us old chaps have a shorter attention span when it comes to consumption. One of my closets friends band is a fantastic original new wave of British heavy metal sounding band. Data Satan's Hallow. That is an example of one of a thousand of groups out there playing great new original stuff. It is just work to find them and face it we are old and tend to go back just to what we know.
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
              X