New Gizmo Day.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jacksonaxes View Post
    I rocked my 2101 for over 10 years. I now use the Eleven Rack.

How does the Eleven rack compare live and loud to the 2101? The reason I am asking is the Eleven is a modeling amp and the 2101 is a preamp with cabinet modeling.

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina View Post
      The only good deals I stumble upon are happy hour specials.
      I had a 90's Zoom Valve DSP 9150 I bought new. I liked it as a tube preamp & FX unit but it was even better when paired with my 90's Peavey Rockmaster preamp. The only reason I dumped it was because it had a noticeable .5 sec lag when I switched patches. Once I started using it live, that lag was irritating. I "upgraded" to a Line 6 PodPro. What a joke. As a live unit it was awful.
      The 2120 that I have has absolutely no lag. Its totally transparent between patch changes. It also has spillover so the effects trail off naturally.

Comment

I am now on a search for a midi foot controller and a stereo power amp for it. I have been directed towards the Johnson J12 as a foot controller. I am not picky though. Price and durability are paramount. I don't need too many features. Just buttons to step on to change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          It also has spillover so the effects trail off naturally.
          IIRC, that was another difference compared with the RP20 since it had only 1 processor but the 2120 had 2.
          Here's the Digitech Control One foot pedal that I used with it:
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digitech-Con...p2047675.l2557

Johnson was under Digitech so it the J12 may work. It has the same number of buttons, just 2 volume-type pedals instead on 1 on the Control One. The Johnson looks better built:
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOHNSON-J12-...p2047675.l2557
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
          X