Clear All

I got my invite today for the 8 they must be caught up now
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Here's a thread over there on the AX8 audio :

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/thread...-audio.105907/

Comment

If it gives any frame of reference ......Ghost's players use them, straight into the board no amps. Gives you an idea just how good they can sound. I love mine :-)
        Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          Here's a thread over there on the AX8 audio : http://forum.fractalaudio.com/thread...-audio.105907/
          Cool, thanks for that!
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
            If it gives any frame of reference ......Ghost's players use them, straight into the board no amps. Gives you an idea just how good they can sound. I love mine :-)
            You have one eh? I had you down as a 'tube-or-die' chap, so that shows what I know LOL
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

A lot of people who were tube-or-die five or six years ago are using the Axe or the Kemper now. So many have switched. Even if they don't always sound or react exactly the same as the real deal, there's just too many reasons to use them. Over here the Kemper is much cheaper and easier to get so, that's what people are using.

Curiously, I had a Kemper when they first came out and recorded some songs for my band with it, but then I decided to try the Two-Notes Torpedo instead since I have some nice amps (Mark V, Road King, Engl rack, etc.), so that's what I'm using now. It sounds great.

In a few years, we'll probably see some really good modelers at lower price ranges.

Comment

True. When the Axe FX was new, it seemed like it was mostly used by modeler/rack kinda guys. Now it feels like "everyone" is using the Kemper or Fractal stuff.

I will never switch back to tube amps again (and I say that having owned a ton of high end stuff).

Comment

I sold my axe only because I was waiting for an axe8 which is finally available. They are awesome it is a different game than just the old pod days for sure. Too many awesome options is the only downfall.

Comment

So can someone give me a simplified comparison between the Axe-FX and the AX-8?

Is it features? Processing power?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                      So can someone give me a simplified comparison between the Axe-FX and the AX-8?

Is it features? Processing power?

Ax8 is the same thing but smaller. The axe fx has more processing power and allows you to run two amps at a time. The MFC has more control options too. That being said the ax8 is still pretty capable. The tones are exactly the same. The biggest complaints are the reverb takes up the processor but that can be worked around.

Comment

A couple things Tetsuo missed. The AX-8 can only do a single cab at once. The Axe 2 can actually do four. (But the CPU takes a pounding if you use the highest resolution.) Also the AX-8 cab block is missing the room controls and the pre-amp controls. The pre-amp controls are really useful in giving you that last bit of 'studio polish' for your tone as they simulate various things like tape deck pre-amps or mixing console pre-amps.

This might have already been covered in the thread, but I don't feel like re-reading the whole thing. The AX-8 also requires a separate interface if you want to use it for recording. The Axe-2 has one built in that also lets you capture the dry signal for re-amping.

The simplified way of looking at it is - Axe FX 2 : Studio in a box that can also be used as a live rig. AX-8 : Live rig in a box that can be used as a studio tool with extra gear.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                        X