Upgraded my JVM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded my JVM

Sold my 205H and broke even on a 410H. Now that I'm actually playing in a band again (I'm just as surprised as anyone) the added versatility is worth the upgrade.

I've always wanted to own a 410. What's this project about.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Maybe it's the beer, but I'm not understanding the question.

As in why the swap to the 410 or what plans do I have for it?

Right off the bat...a 10H choke and modding it for KT88s. I want as much headroom as possible and the wide, full bass response of the KT88s.

I went to the 410 for the crunch channel alone. Having two separate OD channels is great for a rhythm then lead tone, and the Crunch Orange channel is one of the most underrated in the JVM tone library. Nails the JCM 800 tone and feel to a T, and cleans up beautifully using a volume pot. Boosted with the Hardwire OD and it screams Zakk Wylde.

Also, the 410 sounds great at low volumes. The JVMs are all preamp for their tone, much like the EVH heads.

Comment

2 separate statements poor writing on my part

What's this project about is referring to the band you are currently in.

Comment

No worries. Also, I meant OD1, not Crunch. The Crunch channel is better if you're into a looser low end or more classic Sabbath type high gain tones. OD1 is much tighter with more preamp gain.

I'm playing in two bands technically. One is an all original thrash band that draws a lot from Testament and Megadeth and the other I'm helping out a few friends playing Alice in Chains and Soundgarden type rock while their guitarist heals up from a minor broken forearm. I definitely won't be in the 2nd band for more than a month or two longer, depends on how long their boy needs to get back to it.

Comment

I want to hear clips of the thrash band when you have it!!!

Comment

Working...
            X