GT-100 - Help an idiot out, please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT-100 - Help an idiot out, please?

Okay, I've been struggling with this amp switching thing on and off ever since I got the GT-100. I LOVE the GT-100 but there's one thing I still just can't wrap my head around:

Where on the GT do you actually switch channels on the amp? If I set the Branch for Single, then switch between Channel A and Channel B, that only changes the internal route of the GT.

I'll go into the Master on a patch and turn Amp Control ON.

I'll turn the S/R ON and make sure it's BEFORE the split.

What else is there? Before I can determine if my cable going into Amp Control is working, I need to know if I'm even doing it right.

So what is supposed to actually change the amp channel?
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

I think I've figured it out, so I'll post this for anyone else having trouble.

In the Amp Control in the Master section, I thought that "On" or "Off" meant that it either controls your amp or it doesn't. That's not the case. "On" means that the circuit is closed and "Off" means that it's open, corresponding to the footswitch jack/circuit on your amp. So there is no "on" or "off" as in controlling your amp or not, so I'll assume that as long as you have a cable in place, it's controlling your amp.

Here's what I did: since my channels weren't changing, I maxed out the Reverb on the amp. Sure enough, the "On" position gave me extreme Reverb on every patch and the "Off" position didn't. Thus, it was indeed controlling my Reverb.

So now I'm about to cut one end off of the TRS cable I got earlier and solder on a regular mono 1/4-inch jack, once I figure out the exact wiring.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
    X