Mark v amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
    Well it has a couple of extra features that the standard Mark V doesn't have, plus it looks "astonishing"!

But you're right Tetsuo, if you already own the big daddy Mark V and happy with it, owning a JP's Mark IIC+ is kinda pointless unless you're a demanding touring musician, or a Mesa/Boogie enthusiast...
    Nope just played it. I have to eat my words. I just played one. First off the pricing I was basing it off was the limited edition and I thought it was 1000 more than a mark v. This it is not. That changes everything in my opinion. It is damn useful and I really like the setup on it. I like the smaller head chassis even. Now it is not as versatile as a Mark V voicings wise but it is obviously more versatile eq wise.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I can't speak for the new Mesas...it's been years since I played one. I did own a Mk 3 years ago and I remember it did sound good at lower levels and was totally reliable for years of at-home use, but it never worked well for me at higher volumes. It was loud, just didn't sound good to me. Too much going on, for my liking. I prefer a MV Marshall, or a four-holer even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Crude View Post
        I can't speak for the new Mesas...it's been years since I played one. I did own a Mk 3 years ago and I remember it did sound good at lower levels and was totally reliable for years of at-home use, but it never worked well for me at higher volumes. It was loud, just didn't sound good to me. Too much going on, for my liking. I prefer a MV Marshall, or a four-holer even better.

The 3 is kinda the red haired step child of the mark family. Not many people liked that one. You have some fans of it Trey from Phish plays them but for the most part it is a dog.
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Has anyone tried EL-34s in the Mark V? I have a matched quad I was thinking of trying in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
            The 3 is kinda the red haired step child of the mark family. Not many people liked that one. You have some fans of it Trey from Phish plays them but for the most part it is a dog.
            That explains it then. LOL

Comment

Working...
            X