Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were in the market for a new amp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mesa JP-2C. Not out yet but going to be a killer amp. Sounds like what you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr View Post
      The Mesa JP-2C. Not out yet but going to be a killer amp. Sounds like what you are looking for.
      I'm gonna watch out of that one, thanks dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
        Actually, the amp range is being rereleased under the "Synergy" name
        Will mount dual channel modules AND is backwards compatible with the older Egnater / Randall modules

Off the top of my head, I know Egnater, Diezel, Fryette, Friedman and Soldano will be offering modules for it
        Really? I have not heard about that yet. Guess those companies figured so many people were trying to tweak existing modules to sound like their amps, they might as well just offer their own and get the $ themselves.

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        JVM410HJS - The Satriani model is voiced darker and fixes a lot of the issues with the straight JVM models. Best part is they should be available to check out at a Marshall Dealer.
        You would think that, but not around here, not anymore. I remember 10 years ago walking into Guitar Center or Sam Ash and they had Mesa Dual Rectifiers and Road Kings, Marshall JVMs and JCM 800s, Peavey XXXs and JSXs, you name it... I went to a few different places looking to try a JVMJS and was told they could order it, now days most places pretty much have Blackstars and the import Marshall stuff, some Oranges. The only higher end stuff I see in stores these days are traded "Used" gear.

Originally posted by mantis View Post
        Thanks so much for the reply.
        No Problem man, hope it helped.
        I DESPISE ROSEWOOD WITH A PASSION!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Steel City Psycho View Post
          Really? I have not heard about that yet. Guess those companies figured so many people were trying to tweak existing modules to sound like their amps, they might as well just offer their own and get the $ themselves.

You would think that, but not around here, not anymore. I remember 10 years ago walking into Guitar Center or Sam Ash and they had Mesa Dual Rectifiers and Road Kings, Marshall JVMs and JCM 800s, Peavey XXXs and JSXs, you name it... I went to a few different places looking to try a JVMJS and was told they could order it, now days most places pretty much have Blackstars and the import Marshall stuff, some Oranges. The only higher end stuff I see in stores these days are traded "Used" gear.

No Problem man, hope it helped.
          I see you are from NJ,
          I'm right over the Bridge right outside of Burlington NJ in PA. I hate how the stores around us are all lower end gear. You would expect Sam Ash to have at least a few higher end amps around but nothing. I miss the days when Russo's was loaded with High end gear. It's where I first played my Krank. They had Bogner, Mesa , Marshall , Krank , EVH III just came out and they had it first along with many other greats. They also carried a full line of Charvel and Jackson. Go in there now, it's depressing.
          Guitar Center for me is a joke. They don't have anything for me Guitar or amp wise. I'll get strings picks etc there and thats about it.
          I'm NOT into Ordering things , I like to go in , sit down , play and then decide what is coming home with me. I HATE todays market so much. How the Hell can anyone buy an amp or guitar online without playing it first?
          Real Musicians sit down and connect with the gear they are going to use to express themselves. Not look at pretty pictures , hear and watch clips on Youtube and buy based on the internet. I can't stand it man. I wanna SCREAM sometimes. I should write a song about this madness.

Comment

The best thing about Guitar Center is their return policy.

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
              I see you are from NJ,
              I'm right over the Bridge right outside of Burlington NJ in PA. I hate how the stores around us are all lower end gear. You would expect Sam Ash to have at least a few higher end amps around but nothing. I miss the days when Russo's was loaded with High end gear. It's where I first played my Krank. They had Bogner, Mesa , Marshall , Krank , EVH III just came out and they had it first along with many other greats. They also carried a full line of Charvel and Jackson. Go in there now, it's depressing.
              Guitar Center for me is a joke. They don't have anything for me Guitar or amp wise. I'll get strings picks etc there and thats about it.
              I'm NOT into Ordering things , I like to go in , sit down , play and then decide what is coming home with me. I HATE todays market so much. How the Hell can anyone buy an amp or guitar online without playing it first?
              Real Musicians sit down and connect with the gear they are going to use to express themselves. Not look at pretty pictures , hear and watch clips on Youtube and buy based on the internet. I can't stand it man. I wanna SCREAM sometimes. I should write a song about this madness.
              Yeah man,

I'm right over the bridge in Burlington County and you're right, this area is dead for gear lately. Last time I was in Russo's they didn't have too much, some nice Gibsons but nothing like they used to have. That's where I bought my XXL when I moved here in 2001-2002. I remember walking in there and they had a lot of USA Jacksons and they even had one of the $25,000 Fender Frankenstein's in that guitar case they had. Now even they carry just mostly Epiphones and MIM Fenders. And it's all of NJ too. In the last 6 months or so I've been to the Sam Ash in Franklin Mills, Cherry Hill, Paramus, and Edison and the GCs in Langhorne, Cherry Hill, Paramus, Springfield and Totowa and all the same, as well as Russo's, Freehold Music, Musicians Workshop in Manalapan, and a little used shop in Edison and nothing, nothing unless it was used.

I have bought plenty of gear online from reading reviews and watching YouTube videos, that's just how it is these days. I've returned quite a bit, which sucks because return shipping is not cheap these days, but like DRM said, GC and Sam Ash are really good for their return Policy on Used gear. I've bought a few guitars from both that I ended up returning and got everything back, even the shipping. But even when I have tried guitars or amps in store, sometimes you get them home and they're just not the same. I've returned a bunch of stuff I thought was what I was looking for until I got it home. I actually don't really try stuff in stores anymore anyway, I'd rather try it at home with my guitar or my amp. Just sucks when you have to pay that return shipping!!!
              I DESPISE ROSEWOOD WITH A PASSION!!!

Comment

I'd look into the Uberschall or maybe a PRS Archon. The clean channel on that amp is tied for the best of any high gain amp I've ever owned. The Mesa Mark V is the other. Think of the Archon's lead channel as a blend of CH3 on a Diezel VH4, a Bogner Uberschall, and a Mesa Recto.

I'm with you on the EVH stuff. Blue/Red channels were good, but I thought the cleans were lifeless. I also didn't think the Blue/Red channels held a candle to the 5150/6505 series from Peavey. EVH had less balls and sounded thin in comparison.

Comment

I have had or have the über, mark V, 5150, and on and on. The Diezel blows them away . I know these are pricey, but since I've had a VH4 I have never looked back. The clean channel is awesome, the gain stages cover anything I could ever want. Seventies, eighties, and modern ultra high gain. Top it off with the channel insert routing, the midi, and good lord it's phenomenal. With that being said, I wouldn't give up my Mark V either.
                  Last edited by veemagic; 02-11-2016, 11:05 PM.
                  "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

If I were in the market and gave a damn anymore, I'd probably be hunting down old Randall's like the vmax, Titan, v2, cyclone, second gen rh stuff etc. the heavier duty stuff. That or the Marshall 800 900 series. A lot of potential there if you like to poke around inside(which I do).
                    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I'd be interested in peavey 6505mh, black star club 40, Engl ironball, Mesa mark v 35, and similar amps. I play carvin v3ms currently and love them but those are amps I'm curious about.
                      My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Originally posted by Electric View Post
                        I'd look into the Uberschall or maybe a PRS Archon. The clean channel on that amp is tied for the best of any high gain amp I've ever owned. The Mesa Mark V is the other. Think of the Archon's lead channel as a blend of CH3 on a Diezel VH4, a Bogner Uberschall, and a Mesa Recto.

I'm with you on the EVH stuff. Blue/Red channels were good, but I thought the cleans were lifeless. I also didn't think the Blue/Red channels held a candle to the 5150/6505 series from Peavey. EVH had less balls and sounded thin in comparison.
                        I remember the first time i sat in front of the 5150. The sound quality I was getting on the gain channel was exactly what I walked around in my head what I was looking for. Then I tried out the so called clean channel and thought " This is un usable for what I do".
                        I also agree the older 5105 models where better then the new 5150 III stuff.
                        I played a Ubershall years ago at Russo's music and at that time it was out of my price range. I'd love to plug in again, this time things might be a bit different.

Comment

Originally posted by Steel City Psycho View Post
                          Yeah man,

I'm right over the bridge in Burlington County and you're right, this area is dead for gear lately. Last time I was in Russo's they didn't have too much, some nice Gibsons but nothing like they used to have. That's where I bought my XXL when I moved here in 2001-2002. I remember walking in there and they had a lot of USA Jacksons and they even had one of the $25,000 Fender Frankenstein's in that guitar case they had. Now even they carry just mostly Epiphones and MIM Fenders. And it's all of NJ too. In the last 6 months or so I've been to the Sam Ash in Franklin Mills, Cherry Hill, Paramus, and Edison and the GCs in Langhorne, Cherry Hill, Paramus, Springfield and Totowa and all the same, as well as Russo's, Freehold Music, Musicians Workshop in Manalapan, and a little used shop in Edison and nothing, nothing unless it was used.

I have bought plenty of gear online from reading reviews and watching YouTube videos, that's just how it is these days. I've returned quite a bit, which sucks because return shipping is not cheap these days, but like DRM said, GC and Sam Ash are really good for their return Policy on Used gear. I've bought a few guitars from both that I ended up returning and got everything back, even the shipping. But even when I have tried guitars or amps in store, sometimes you get them home and they're just not the same. I've returned a bunch of stuff I thought was what I was looking for until I got it home. I actually don't really try stuff in stores anymore anyway, I'd rather try it at home with my guitar or my amp. Just sucks when you have to pay that return shipping!!!
                          I hear yeah man. I guess I'm so old school. I may have to change my ways to find what I want today. I know Sam Ash will get me whatever I want and let me try it out at home with a full return if I don't like it. I may go down this path but do as much research before to limit the amount of returns I would have to make in order to find what I want.
                          But in the store when I'm trying out a guitar or amp I can tell if it has something there for me even in a noisy store. I can feel it after awhile, if I don't then I know this one isn't for me.

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
                            I have had or have the über, mark V, 5150, and on and on. The Diezel blows them away . I know these are pricey, but since I've had a VH4 I have never looked back. The clean channel is awesome, the gain stages cover anything I could ever want. Seventies, eighties, and modern ultra high gain. Top it off with the channel insert routing, the midi, and good lord it's phenomenal. With that being said, I wouldn't give up my Mark V either.
                            Thats one amp I have never plugged into. I have seen a few Diezel's used here and there and I walked past them with no intentions of trying one out.
                            Thanks man, I'm gonna have to check into them.

Comment

Diezel is releasing a VH2 in March. It will be a 2 channel version of the VH4, so you may want to look into that if you don't have a need for 4 channels and dig the Diezel sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric View Post
                                Diezel is releasing a VH2 in March. It will be a 2 channel version of the VH4, so you may want to look into that if you don't have a need for 4 channels and dig the Diezel sound.
                                Thats interesting. I wonder if it will have channels 1 and 4 from the VH4?
                                "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Working...
                                X