NAD - Marshall JVM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's awesome man!!!

Congrats on the amp and buying Bill's cab. I'm a big Mastodon fan and a new Marshall/JVM club member myself.

Are you having the 205H retubed or just biased? And if so which tubes?
    I DESPISE ROSEWOOD WITH A PASSION!!!

Comment

I had the bias adjusted a little warmer and retubed it with all JJs. KT77s in the power amp.

Comment

Cool,

Hope that gets you where you were looking to go.

Comment

How do you like the kt77's? I am thinking of dropping a set into my uber.
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I guess I read that right but kt77s in a 1 watt amp? Class A that's good for about 10ish watts per tube. Class AB, which I assume it is with adjustable bias, are good for 20 watts. Conservatively speaking. In a full size Marshall amp like an 800 that will get you a 100 watt rating with 4 of them. That's very interesting.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Twitch,

I have the 50w JVM205H in addition to the little 1 watter and it's running the KT77s. Sorry for the confusion there.

Comment

Gotcha. That makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
                  How do you like the kt77's? I am thinking of dropping a set into my uber.
                  I haven't taken the master higher than 3 with them, but they have a more full low end than the SED =C= EL34s that came stock. They sound bigger all around but haven't lost that tight midrange I like with the EL34s. I bet they would sound killer in an Uber.

Comment

I always preferred the el34 in a Marshall over a 6l6. Never have tried the kt77 though. It's either those or kt88 that Zakk Wylde uses in his 800s. I can't remember which. I also liked the el34 over a 6l6 in the carvin x100b I had.

Comment

It's whichever ones that somewhat resemble a 5u4 rectifier tube. I've been out of this game for too long to remember right off hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                        I always preferred the el34 in a Marshall over a 6l6. Never have tried the kt77 though. It's either those or kt88 that Zakk Wylde uses in his 800s. I can't remember which. I also liked the el34 over a 6l6 in the carvin x100b I had.

I think it is the 77 might be 88's though. The KT77 is designed to be a direct replacement for the el34 where as the 88 is a different socket and bias.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
                          They sound bigger all around but haven't lost that tight midrange I like with the EL34s.
                          Good to know, I'll have to keep those in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
                            I think it is the 77 might be 88's though. The KT77 is designed to be a direct replacement for the el34 where as the 88 is a different socket and bias.
                            Yep, the KT77 is indeed a direct replacement for the EL34, and it's awesome! I use one in my THD Univalve amp from time to time.

The KT88 is a replacement for a 6550. And a KT66 is a replacment for a 6L6.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah I am thinking of the kt77's. I had a set for a day but the amp was damaged in shipping so ups picked it up. Didn't get to test it that much.

Comment

Working...
                              X