No announcement yet.

PEAVEY 6505+ "12 VS Blackstar HT 60 "12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never tried a Blackstar amp, but I do own the JS version of the JVM and my amp search is pretty much over now. I have never needed to use the gates...I've tried them but that's it. To me the amp is pretty quiet, although I've heard the regular JVM is noisy and has more gain than the JS. I wanted this amp to be usable at home volumes without any pedals or attenuators and it succeeded. Same with the Blackstar?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Crude View Post
      I've never tried a Blackstar amp, but I do own the JS version of the JVM and my amp search is pretty much over now. I have never needed to use the gates...I've tried them but that's it. To me the amp is pretty quiet, although I've heard the regular JVM is noisy and has more gain than the JS. I wanted this amp to be usable at home volumes without any pedals or attenuators and it succeeded. Same with the Blackstar?
      Cool , You have the JS JVM..!! I was aiming for that and landed this. Yes, the JVM is very cool, but noisy as hell to nail the gain where I need it. Just moderm metal tones. I love Joe. He tweaked the Peavey XXX and that became the JS. Which I kinda liked at the store. But he went full circle back to Marshall..based on the 6100. I had a early blue 100wt head. Sold and traded back and forth to a friend. Then ended up selling for The Recto when they came out. The Recto sucked so bad for me, too fizzy/buzzy for me. All my hi gain heads were actually quiet..5150s, Recto, Lee Jackson VL-100 Ampegs one went up in flames...tucked in tolex caught on fire. Soldano, Mesa, just ..old LOUD Marshalls seem to pick up radio and CB chanels ...gettin' all Smokey and the bear ..Fun stuff.

Yes the blackstar is that good. If you need a smaller package or an amp not far removed from a nice, warm, smooth, singing Marshall tone. A Blackstar is the way to go. We all heard so many Marshall clone and knockoffs or better build this and thats..who cares. I want better tone..instant..plug N' Go tone.

I always said only a Marshall sounds like a Marshall. Well, the Blackstar is the ONLY amp that sounds like a Marshall without the Logo.

Just bought 10 packs of Slinky 9s and they threw in 10 high E's for me.. : )
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Cool to hear someone actually nailed the classic Marshall tone.

Comment

Yes, outta boutique, Splawns, Bogners, Engl, various Marshalls, Framus, and all things Tubery. Blackstar gets the Marshall tone award!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Blackstar was started by a group of former Marshall employees IIRC.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
              HA that would make sense then. I need to get my hands on one quickly! I got rid of my Randall and am ready to move forward and slinkys FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                Well, ain't that 'bout a bitch!...Blackstar was started by ex Marshall employees. Well, Marshall should have kept those employees..or listened to them.

..because fuck you..

Comment

Lol

Comment

Working...
                  X