Thoughts on 6505 MH head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on 6505 MH head

Thinking of getting it. looking for info from people who own or who have tried it. (not looking for opinions people have of other amps)

I am curious too. Seems like an awesome (and affordable) way to nab that type of tone for studio work and smaller clubs.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Did you ever try one out rich? I know Sam Ash in Lombard had them. I see the 5153 lunchbox around lately.
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Sorry to dig up old thread but figured it'd be better than starting a new one.

Have two and am rehearsing with them. The mh keeps up with a drummer. I turn up to about 1 or 2 o'clock. Gets pretty loud and I'm using the Peavey cab loaded with Greenbacks. Only have to turn my 50 watt Carvin V3m up to about 11 o'clock, so there's a difference in volume but I've still got plenty of headroom. Sounds amazing. For a 2xEL84 amp it is tight, solid, and sustain-y. I was afraid it would squeal turning it up so loud but it remains relatively quiet, though it does hiss, but that isn't noticeable when playing.
        My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

How is the USB output on these? Can you record directly with it?
          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

This seems like a really cool low wattage head. I plugged into he 1 x 12 but I'm no fan of 1 x 12 cab's. I much prefer to hear it through a 2 x 12.
            Another cool head I can't plug into as no one around here has it on the floor.
            Thats gotta change man.

Comment

Anyone saw or tried the micro 6505 yet.... ???

JB aka BenoA

Comment

I haven't tried USB output yet so idk.
                My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Let me know if you do!
                  JB aka BenoA

Comment

people are still into this low-power fad?

Comment

I think it's great, I wish I could rock the half stack all the time in my house. Having cool low watt amps is great for me I hardly use my little line6 combo now. My little egnator and blackstar into a 1x12 is perfect for low volume rocking out, tho I am thinking of replacing the HT5 with a tiny terror.

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
                      people are still into this low-power fad?

Comment

that's cool. i'll keep on shaking my basement windows, though

Comment

Working...
                        X