Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

80's metal cover band amp...surprise!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure the spider is a good live solution. I played one in the store and thought it had some good sounds. I'm not familiar with their floor controller, but if you only have 2 or 3 sounds you don't need anything fancy.

Just for reference, here is an EP from an Italian band, ShockFront with all guitars and bass recorded direct from the Axe-FX 2. This is using an older firmware, but it still sounds pretty good. To my ears at least.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_9ZJwW0n7Q
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

John, I think you should get a Kemper. You can profile / model your own amps and then play at any volume
      http://www.sweetwater.com/store/deta...FYI7gQodFCMC-Q
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
        John, I think you should get a Kemper. You can profile / model your own amps and then play at any volume
        http://www.sweetwater.com/store/deta...FYI7gQodFCMC-Q
        My bro was showing this to me while I was visiting in PA.. that's the way go to if you can spring the what... 2,300. bucks? Seen a dude on youtube with exact tones of Metallica, Lamb of God ect..ect..
        \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Having a machine auto-dial sounds from the radio is neat. And I suppose that if you are in a Top 40 cover band, and need 100 different clean sounds, it could be useful.
          But I've never been that interested in cloning anyone's guitar sound (except for Clapton's It's In The Way That You Use It).
          Dialing in my own tone has always been what works best for me.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
            Having a machine auto-dial sounds from the radio is neat. And I suppose that if you are in a Top 40 cover band, and need 100 different clean sounds, it could be useful.
            But I've never been that interested in cloning anyone's guitar sound (except for Clapton's It's In The Way That You Use It).
            Dialing in my own tone has always been what works best for me.

My band covers 80's hair band metal songs only. IMHO... the basic guitar tones both clean and heavy are the same. LIVE AND LOUD... to the crowd and to my ears.. there isn't of sonic difference between the overall guitar sounds of Ratt, Whitesnake, Motley Crue or Bon Jovi for that matter. To go from Ratt to AC/DC I just roll the volume down on my guitar a few numbers and I turn off the delay and run dry.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
              My band covers 80's hair band metal songs only. IMHO... the basic guitar tones both clean and heavy are the same. LIVE AND LOUD... to the crowd and to my ears.. there isn't of sonic difference between the overall guitar sounds of Ratt, Whitesnake, Motley Crue or Bon Jovi for that matter. To go from Ratt to AC/DC I just roll the volume down on my guitar a few numbers and I turn off the delay and run dry.

Which is why I find "auto-tune" for guitar tones to be silly.

Comment

Working...
              X