anyone here have any Lany experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
    Axe FX 2 - Supertweed or 65 Bassguy models. I use them with the TAF_FEN_MIX ir's. Killer blues amps. The Subway is a nice one to. Lots of range to fine tune the 'grit' on the gain dial on that one.
    ya this one I have to feel out with the band. I actually have a great jtm45 blues patch that will work great
    and a Carol triptik classic that would probably work well too and of course the two models you mentioned (I'll have to try and dial in
    a coupl eof patches with those) I don't know how I will bond with the Axe in a band situation yet.
    I love it for recording and noodling, but every time I plug into my Mark IV it makes me question it.
    I'm also still not 100% sold on the whole FRFR sound. to FOH? ....sure I get it, but on stage?
    I don't know I'll have to see, this whole thing should be happening soon so.....thanks for the input guys.

Isn't Mesa based on a Fender schematic? I'm going to try the clean channel on My mark IV today with
    some pedals in front it haha...who knows, might be too clean though.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

so I just went online the Vaporizers goe for cheap pretty cheap (all combos???) are they all 2 x10 combos?

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
        ya this one I have to feel out with the band. I actually have a great jtm45 blues patch that will work great
        and a Carol triptik classic that would probably work well too and of course the two models you mentioned (I'll have to try and dial in
        a coupl eof patches with those) I don't know how I will bond with the Axe in a band situation yet.
        I love it for recording and noodling, but every time I plug into my Mark IV it makes me question it.
        I'm also still not 100% sold on the whole FRFR sound. to FOH? ....sure I get it, but on stage?
        I don't know I'll have to see, this whole thing should be happening soon so.....thanks for the input guys.

Isn't Mesa based on a Fender schematic? I'm going to try the clean channel on My mark IV today with
        some pedals in front it haha...who knows, might be too clean though.
        I love my FRFR setup for playing with the band. Because of the broad range of tones required by our setlists the axe is the perfect option for me. 50's do-wop, bust out a tweed; Funk, grab my strat and dial up a double-verb. I've only jammed with it in a 'metal' situation and I liked it a lot there too. The FRFR on stage is what lets me experience the full spectrum without needing a bus load of amps and cabs. I guess I just get along with the sound/feel of it.

I don't think the Subway is based on a fender as it's an EL-84 power section and has a loop. Maybe the pre-amp has a Fender tonestack of something?

For soloing, especially with the neck pickup I use the Blues OD drive model. The JTM-45 can give great blues tones as well, especially when pushed with an OD. The Vibrato-King can be a great model too. Jeff Beck uses them alongside Marshals for everything but singing lead.
        Last edited by Hellbat; 08-17-2014, 10:29 AM.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

the vaporizer is only a 2x10 combo. it does have an extension cab jack. they are cheap ($399) which is why I was SHOCKED that it fit the bill so well for my needs. I have a 1963 blonde fender tremolux that kills, but it is a transitional model that I don't want to gig. I also have a 1968 fender showman, but it is 85 watts and WAY to loud to be anything but clean all the way to 10.

and regarding the mesa - yes, the MKI was based on blackface fender designs. the MKIV clean is CLEAN - almost to the point of sterility!!!! When I had a MKIV I used the "crunch" channel as the "clean" that way I could add a little more meat to the tone. Give it a shot - who knows!!
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

thanks for all the feedback guys.....need to start trying some shit out here

Comment

Anytime, that's what we're here for.
              In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

If you're still interested in Laney, they do have more vintage appropriate combos available too, like the VC15 & VC30. The LC series might be more modern sounding than what you're after. The Lionhearts could be just the trick, but quite expensive too
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Maybe check out some of the Dr Z stuff as well....
                  Jackson KV2
                  Jackson KE1T
                  Jackson KE1F
                  Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                    and regarding the mesa - yes, the MKI was based on blackface fender designs. the MKIV clean is CLEAN - almost to the point of sterility!!!! When I had a MKIV I used the "crunch" channel as the "clean" that way I could add a little more meat to the tone. Give it a shot - who knows!!
                    well this may just work for the short term. I had a friend come by with a strat and we used the Crunch channel with a 10 band eq in the loop and a clean boost in front and got a pretty good Stevie ray Vaughn type of tone going. the other guitarist has a matchless so I'll see how these match up at our first rehearsal (should be next week).
                    It's funny how much different the lead channel on this amp sounds from the crunch. (that on board 5 band EQ really does it job)
                    Last edited by kmanick; 08-20-2014, 07:55 AM.

Comment

cool. it'll be interesting to hear how that hangs with the matchless. THAT is a killer amp. the name is appropriate.
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X