Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This has finally arrived and being prepped for the trip home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using the TJ (I can't get myself to call it an Uberschall) right now in an Avatar traditional cab with V30's and being a traditional cab the side walls are very thin. Avatar's have always been great cabs for me but you can tell there is that thick wooded cabinet sound missing from the tone. Maybe I'm just hearing things but I'll wager the Bogner's do much better with more modern built cabs.

I'll probably just buy an Ubercab.

Comment

Originally posted by ZL1hawk View Post
      I'm using the TJ (I can't get myself to call it an Uberschall) right now in an Avatar traditional cab with V30's and being a traditional cab the side walls are very thin. Avatar's have always been great cabs for me but you can tell there is that thick wooded cabinet sound missing from the tone. Maybe I'm just hearing things but I'll wager the Bogner's do much better with more modern built cabs.

I'll probably just buy an Ubercab.
      My only Avatar cab is a 2x12 which I've run with a Dr. Z Maz Jr combo amp. Never tried it with any of my Bogners. The only non-Bogner cab I've tried with my Bogners was a friends 4x12 which had a mix of 60w Celestions and I forget what else was in there but I used my Ecstasy head with it. It sounded good too.
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Regarding cabs it depends on what you are going for. Here is what I would do.
        If the amp is unforgiving.. you need to add some sizzle to it. Sizzle will smooth out the rough tight edges. Sizzle will allow you to go back to your normal picking angle. I know exactly what you are talking about regarding that.
        For maximum sizzle and perceived "sag" I would suggest a Marshall 1960A cab loaded with stock V30's. Any good quality cab loaded with V30's will work.
        If you want less sizzle... look at Peavey 5150 cabs loaded with stock Sheffields. They sizzle but they have bottom end thump too.
        If you want even less sizzle... go with Celestion T75's.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          If the amp is unforgiving.. you need to add some sizzle to it. Sizzle will smooth out the rough tight edges. Sizzle will allow you to go back to your normal picking angle. I know exactly what you are talking about regarding that.
          For maximum sizzle and perceived "sag" I would suggest a Marshall 1960A cab loaded with stock V30's. Any good quality cab loaded with V30's will work.
          If you want less sizzle... look at Peavey 5150 cabs loaded with stock Sheffields. They sizzle but they have bottom end thump too.

Another cab to look at believe it or not is a stock Carvin 4 x 12 Legacy cab. The Carvin Legacy to my ears sounds ALOT like a Bogner amp. The Legacy is voiced for that tone.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            The other guitar player I jam with uses Mesa Rectifier cabs and has a Marshall 1960A I can use for a few songs, I have to stop overlooking Marshall cabs. I used them years ago and they always served me well. The Carvin I'll definitely check out too.

Comment

Working...
            X