Made in England JCM2000 DSL100 vs Vietnam DSL100H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
    Not to highjack the thread, but I'm surprised that no company has come up with a safeguard for this. Maybe a built-in "dummy" impedance load that gets taken out of the game when a cable is plugged in or something.

Or does this exist?
    One of the amps I've owned had a lockout function that kept the amp in standby if there wasn't anything plugged into the speaker output. I can't for the life of me remember which amp it was, and I've owned a lot of amps, some of them rather obscure.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      How long to blow a tranny? It depends.
      Sorry Don, I know this is a serious conversation and I love this place for that....but I have had a few Bourbons on a Friday night and I had to.
      Cheers

Comment

John, you are right, one dead amp isn't a lot to judge on. I'll give you that. Even though it was a store demo it was just recently unpacked according to the staff. It was not an amp that tons of people had a chance to abuse or play without a load on it. Anyway, the price point and country of manufacture don't scream "high quality" to me I hope the amp you buy sounds good and gives you many years of service.
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Catharpin View Post
          Sorry Don, I know this is a serious conversation and I love this place for that....but I have had a few Bourbons on a Friday night and I had to.
          Cheers
          Attached Files
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
            Not to highjack the thread, but I'm surprised that no company has come up with a safeguard for this. Maybe a built-in "dummy" impedance load that gets taken out of the game when a cable is plugged in or something.

Or does this exist?
            THD has built-in loads on their amps. I've got a UniValve and love it! http://www.thdelectronics.com/
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I bought the 15c a week ago. It had become my go to store amp to try out guitars since last fall so I finally gave in.

Comment

Working...
              X