No announcement yet.

Dry, reverb or delay live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found that in recording putting reverb and delay on separate channels prevents overkill (unless you wanna specifically going for the "Arena in a Pub-effect")
    and keeps the delay clear
    though I realize that's harder to pull off live (especially with FX in front of the amp)

Another nice thing is a ducker delay, leaving your playing clear, but giving off a nice end-trail
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Nightbat, the TC Electronic multi-effect units usually have the option of using reverb and delays in parallel for the same reason. I think that works very nicely and leaves your delays nice and clean. Especially for high-gain stuff, I prefer some very clean delays and their dynamic delay is very nice for that.

With the band, I usually just use a touch of reverb on my rhythm playing and reverb and clean delay on my leads but not much.

Comment

Interesting, I am a home player and play just for pleasure, but I enjoyed learning about how you dial things back live. Thx

Comment

regarding the BBE, I found it HAS to be in the loop or it sounds like crap....IMO anyways.....
          -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Ive used different setups live at different times. In general, I find that a reverb pedal in front of my distortion channels seems not to sound so good live. It does work well on clean channels though. I use delay turning it off/on as needed. I usually don't leave it on all the time. While it adds a bit to your sound live it doesn't seem to keep the sound in your face as an unaltered tone. I'm trying to fix that by using a TC Electronic G-Force multi effects units in the loop of my amps that are so equipped. I also let our sound man add delay and chorus as needed right from our digital mixing board
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Touch of reverb on my cleans and crunch tones, touch of delay on my main lead sound. For some leads where I want a more raw sound, I just kick on a distortion pedal boost with my crunch sound rather than switch over to my standard lead tone. I use a MIDI switched Randall-RM4 + Rocktron Xpression system so I don't have to tap dance to make this happen.

Comment

Dry....delay only when needed!!

Comment

Working...
                X