Marshall JCM2000 DSL 50 Hmmmmm.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sambencuda View Post
    This Marshall is an amazing amp. It's surprised the hell outa me. I got it with the intention of flipping it, but every time I decide to put it up, I play through it and change my mind. The only one thing that I've noticed that I don't particularly like is that while it has a ton of mid punch and plenty of gain, the lows seem a little sloppy. I would love it if I could tighten up the bottom end a bit. I'd even give up some gain for it. Any thoughts? Tubes suggestions? I really dig Mike Orlando from Adrenaline Mob's tone on Omertà. This amp is close, but he has a way tighter bottom end. I'm pretty sure he's using a JCM800, but he's using it with another head. Can't remember what though.
    Forgot to mention before, I agree with you, the JCM 2000 bottom end is not tight. It could stand some help in that department. But overall its a nice sounding Marshall and reasonably priced on the used market.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Killer setup. Damn I love how white tolex looks! I need to look into the palmer as well. Looks like you were set up in front of a GnR cover band?
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Originally posted by sambencuda View Post
        Killer setup. Damn I love how white tolex looks! I need to look into the palmer as well. Looks like you were set up in front of a GnR cover band?
        Yep, a GNR tribute band out of Orlando, Fl. I love white tolex too, its stands out on stage even from far away. The Palmers worked well. Saved time too as we didn't have to mess with mic placement and getting rid of unwanted feedback either
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
        X