NAD - Mesa Mini Rectifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD - Mesa Mini Rectifier

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've been here. I finally went out this weekend and got myself a real amp. I was getting by on my POD HD after my old Peavey combo went out. To be honest I don't really know much about amps... but after all I do have ears, so I went out to the local shop to try some amps (with my DK1). First I tried out a Blackstar 5 I believe, it was OK. I wasn't overly impressed. The Orange Tiny Terror was next. I didn't spend much time on it, to me the Blackstar sounded better. Then I moved on to the Mesa and was blown away. I couldn't believe how clear the notes came through with the high amount of gain and distortion. The Blackstar did have reverb while the Mesa didn't. But honestly the Mesa just doesn't need it (to be fair the Mesa was a big jump in price). Also, it glows red.

Congrats on the new amp. I have been dragging my ass finding a new amp but I think you used the best method of just taking your guitar to the local store and trying everything till you found what you liked.

Comment

Congrats decadence! The Mesa Mini is a great amp. I love mine.

Comment

Nice amps good score.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

decadence are you only using that amp with a 1x12? I find the amp doesn't suffer at all with just one speaker, tone is surprisingly huge. Mesa did a great job on the mini.

Comment

Yeah it's the 1x12, and it definitely does not suffer. My Peavey was a 2x12 and I don't miss it at all!

Comment

Nice one. Looks like one of the oversized Thiel 1x12 ported cabs. I've got one of those cabs, and it sounds pretty bassy and huge!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Congratz for your new Mini! I've got mine from their first batch and it's been over 2 years and I'm still on honeymoon phase with it. Now I just need to get a small 1x12 cab for it for ease of lugging it around.
                JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Sweet. I'm a TA-15 man myself.

Comment

decadence did you know you can further customize that Mini? http://mesa.stores.yahoo.net/cuha.html

You can totally black that head out, which is what Darth Vader would do, or go with blue LEDS, a blue diamond plate kit or even a red one and they can be mixed with a black base, silver, or chrome. The knobs are changeable to.

Comment

Working...
                    X