2 reasons why a large guitar rig doesn't bother you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
    See, you are unfortunately a rare breed of guitar player. I'm the same with my rig. It's about what it takes to get the sound great out front for the people who paid to see the show.

I've been running sound for about 15 years and I've had plenty of tough nights with guys that bring a 412 and 100w head ( or more), points it right at the audience, and is mad because I won't let them leave it set at fuckin' 9. They have no idea the shit storm they're making they're band sound like, BUT, you know sure as hell that they'd bitch about going to a show for a band they liked and not being able to hear anything but drums if they were too loud.
    I think this comes from helping my friend run sound/lights. I own most of the PA equipment and on weekends my band is off we run sound for other bands. It's a whole new perspective when you can stand out front and hear a huge difference. When guitar players complain about us having them turn down their stage volume, if they have a wireless I tell them to step out front and hear the difference. We can give them what they need to hear through their monitors. Laser beaming the audience with the 4x12 cab and amp volume on 7 only drives people away from the stage and dance floor.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Here is a shot from last weekend. If you look carefully to the right, that's a Marshall JCM 2000 50w head sitting on top of a white Bogner Ubercab. The cab is facing the back wall, there is no mic on the amp as its going to FOH through a Palmer guitar DI, and my master volume is on 1
      https://m.facebook.com/metalincohio/...omments=1&_rdr
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Nice setup. And nice selection of monitor. I use the same HPR's in my setup.
        My Toys:
        '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
        '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
        '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
        '94 Dinky HX in Black
        '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
          Nice setup. And nice selection of monitor. I use the same HPR's in my setup.
          We use those HPR's for monitors and I originally started with them for my Axe Fx Ultra. They go well with that setup. I also have some Behringer powered monitors but the QSC's are nicer. At this particular event you see the picture from, we used the wedges for monitors since we had 3 bands and had to turn them around quickly but normally I use Sennheiser in ears between IEM and Palmer DI's its so nice eliminating mic bleed and feedback yet being able to hear exactly what you want and without your ears ringing for days afterwards
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
          X