Randall rg100es board....blue wheel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall rg100es board....blue wheel?

Dudes whats up? Just wondering if anyone out there is familiar with the board on these? If so does anyone know what the Blue Round (Screwdriver Slot) "Wheel" is for ? Adjustment for ? Thanks for any info!

*Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
    *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
    *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
    Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
    *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
    *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
    *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
    *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Found out it's a Bias adjustment...Thanks! \m/
    *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/

Comment

OK, I'll ask the dumb question... Bias for what?? It's all solid state, no?
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
        That's what I was thinking too...
        I DESPISE ROSEWOOD WITH A PASSION!!!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
          It's not a bias in the traditional manner of speaking. It's for biasing the power transistors after changing them or the output transistor. I know this for a fact because I have an old RG 100 ES and I've done the work myself in the past. It's not the same as on a tube amp because transistors are like a million times more consistent than tubes. Most of the time you don't even need to do it but if you do there's an easier way. Measure the voltage across the emitter resistors. If the voltage across them is 5mV to 20mV the amp is fine. If it's higher or lower turn the screw adjustment to the right to raise it and the left to lower it. Hope this helps. \m/
          Last edited by leftykingv2; 01-08-2014, 06:21 AM.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
            It's not a bias in the traditional manner of speaking. It's for biasing the power transistors after changing them or the output transistor. I know this for a fact because I have an old RG 100 ES and I've done the work myself in the past. It's not the same as on a tube amp because transistors are like a million times more consistent than tubes. Most of the time you don't even need to do it but if you do there's an easier way. Measure the voltage across the emitter resistors. If the voltage across them is 5mV to 20mV the amp is fine. If it's higher or lower turn the screw adjustment to the right to raise it and the left to lower it. Hope this helps. \m/
            Brother you are Da' Man! LOL! Thanks for the Killer explanation!

Comment

Originally posted by axe dude View Post
              Brother you are Da' Man! LOL! Thanks for the Killer explanation!
              No big deal bro. I've had my RG100es since 1986. It was my first half stack so I've had plenty of time to learn all about it. It doesn't hurt that one of my best buds for the last 25 years that lives right down the street from me is an electrical engineer either. Every time I had a problem with it I took it to him and watched the repairs he made and basically drove him insane with a myriad of retarded questions. In the end it's paid off for him though because I can fix small soldering problems now without bothering him and his Huge head that's of Bunsen Honeydew proportions.
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                No big deal bro. I've had my RG100es since 1986. It was my first half stack so I've had plenty of time to learn all about it. It doesn't hurt that one of my best buds for the last 25 years that lives right down the street from me is an electrical engineer either. Every time I had a problem with it I took it to him and watched the repairs he made and basically drove him insane with a myriad of retarded questions. In the end it's paid off for him though because I can fix small soldering problems now without bothering him and his Huge head that's of Bunsen Honeydew proportions.
                That is Awesome Dude! Sounds like a very good neighbor to have! Hey since your like me & seem to still like these In your opinion since so many Dudes say it sounds Killer normal but Awesome & Bad-Ass when it's "Boosted" what Pedal have you found out over the years to be & sound the BEST for you? Some say MT-2/SD-1 Etc? I have some great settings on the Re Channel with the Treble "Pulled" that sounds nice & "Tight/Compressed". When I use my MXR Fullbore Metal on the Clean....O.M.G. I am in M-E-T-A-L Heaven Dude! LOL! This head takes pedals very good! Thanks buddy! \m/
                Last edited by axe dude; 01-08-2014, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by axe dude View Post
                  That is Awesome Dude! Sounds like a very good neighbor to have! Hey since your like me & seem to still like these In your opinion since so many Dudes say it sounds Killer normal but Awesome & Bad-Ass when it's "Boosted" what Pedal have you found out over the years to be & sound the BEST for you? Some say MT-2/SD-1 Etc? I have some great settings on the Re Channel with the Treble "Pulled" that sounds nice & "Tight/Compressed". When I use my MXR Fullbore Metal on the Clean....O.M.G. I am in M-E-T-A-L Heaven Dude! LOL! This head takes pedals very good! Thanks buddy! \m/
                  This is true about the RG 100es. It does take pedal really well. I used to use only three pedals with my RG back in the day when I used my Randall for everything. One was a 1982 Boss chorus(CE-2)an Original Crybaby and the distortion pedal i used was an Ibanez TS-8. It sounded so hard! That was the way I would run it most of the time. \m/

Comment

Working...
                  X