Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading from a G Major to a G Major 2 question......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading from a G Major to a G Major 2 question......

Can I do a midi dump from a G Major to a G Major 2? I know you can do a G Major to a G Major and a G Major 2 to a G Major 2. Just not sure about mixing and matching.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

That depends if all parameters are equal
    if there are added fx or parameters, there's a big chance it won't work the way you want to
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Yup. Won't work. Gotta build it all from scratch. I guess I know what I'll be doing all weekend.....

Comment

I was thinking of getting one of these. I know you used to have an RM100 - do these play nice with those amps? Is the 2 really that much better than a 1? I'm a bedroom hack just looking for a descent effects processor to mess with, not looking for a live rig.

Comment

The only reason I got the 2 is because my current "1" is getting flaky. Sometimes wouldn't fire up. So I figured might as well got to the 2. As far as difference? There are a few more effects like a wah and a uni-vibe. There's also a some new modulation effects. The front panel is a little different, but other than that it's the same thing. I don't have the RM100 any more, but when I did the g-major worked great with it. It's been great with everything I've had. I run it in the loop. There are some things that would sound better in front IMO like the mod stuff, but I just use pedals for that. The best feature is that you can can use the built in relays per patch to open and close the tip and the ring on a TRS cable so you can control TRS foot switchable channels and other stuff on your amp. If you can get one used it's superb quality for the money. The delays and reverb are the best Ive ever used in a unit specifically made for guitar.

Comment

Working...
          X