NAD! Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD! Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555

I picked this up over the summer. Its in unbelievable condition. One owner. Guy purchased it new in 1987, and kept it in his basement under a sheet all these years. Original tubes, slip covers for head and both cabs. Should be in a museum, but its not! I've never had one before, but now I get it. They are exceptional.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Awesome score bro!!! HNAD!!! Now grab a cold beer a killer axe and crank that sombitch up!!!!! Also I am not familiar with that model....What's up with the three switches instead of a power and standby set up? What does the third one do?
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Nice looking Marshalls!
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Thanks guys! Thanks again Rudy for all your help with the 1959rr! As you can still see I am still dragging my feet on recovering those vintage cabs. I have the tolex from Marshall ready to go. Just way to many projects. This studio is still under construction. I still need doors and trim.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
            Thanks guys! Thanks again Rudy for all your help with the 1959rr! As you can still see I am still dragging my feet on recovering those vintage cabs. I have the tolex from Marshall ready to go. Just way to many projects. This studio is still under construction. I still need doors and trim.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
            I still haven't recovered my couple of vintage Marshall cabs either. I already bought the white tolex and black speaker grille cloth AND have Altecs ready to load into them to turn them into true Rhoads cabs! Just haven't had the time to actually do it yet.
            Are you using an attenuator with your 1959rr head? Those heads are very loud!
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
              What does the third one do?
              Switches it from Low Output to High Output (50w to 100w).

Outstanding condition! I fucking LOVE those amps, the owner must have had piles of money at the time to buy a full stack and not beat the shit out of it, like most of the ones you find today. Good score, I'm VERY jealous...
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Best Marshall amp ever, good score!
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Rudy- yeah I am running an attenuater. Well most of the time. Yeah I have to agree. It's the best sounding Marshall I have had the privilege of playing. I've been having a blast trying out different guitars finding different voices with it. She changes so much with such subtle changes to the gain. It's been more fun than the Axe FX learning settings. And the story of the guy who had it was, he was like 20 when he bought it. Was starting a band and decided he needed a full stack. Bought this and put it in his basement to rehearse. Band broke up 3 months later and he never used it again. It sat like that under a sheet until last summer. He had it gone through and cleaned, then I got it on craigslist. Score of my year!

Comment

Oh, and the other thing I can't get over is how quiet it is. I mean dead silent. I do have a question for any of you Jube owners though. The one thing I don't have is a foot switch. Any idea where I might find one? A period correct would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                      Awesome score bro!!! HNAD!!! Now grab a cold beer a killer axe and crank that sombitch up!!!!! Also I am not familiar with that model....What's up with the three switches instead of a power and standby set up? What does the third one do?

Thanks man, and yes like Rsmacker said. It's a half power mode. On this one it cuts it from 100 watts to 50. On the 50watt version it cuts it to 25.

Comment

Killer score for sure!!!

You will never find such a pristine full stack version as long as you live. Simply awesome!!!

Comment

Pull the back of the cabinets off and see if Jim signed it. Many were rumoured to be signed by the man himself.

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
                            Pull the back of the cabinets off and see if Jim signed it. Many were rumoured to be signed by the man himself.
                            You know I've heard about that over on the Marshall forum, but I actually haven't done it yet. Thanks for reminding me. That would be pretty cool if they were. I'll let you know!

Comment

Well, I just checked and no signature. Oh well. I forgot how close the serial numbers were though. Head -664, slant-513, straight-410

Comment

Working...
                              X