Laney Pro-Tube AOR 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laney Pro-Tube AOR 30

Original Fane speaker is nice...plugged into a JCM800 Lead 4x12 and yes sir, that was a good idea
    So many great 6V6 tones from this 30watt circa 86 UK built amp!
    Fender cleans, Marshall crunch and Laney cascading preamp searing leads.
    A lot of ground covered with some very unique flavours...

I also have a 50 Watt head with 2 EL34s...

Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Already been discussed. The AOR 30 combo is what I fell in love with back when they first came out. I have an AOR 50 head which sounds awesome for JCM 800 tones, and an AOR 50 Combo, but I still would like to get the AOR 30.

So does the 30 sound much different than the 50?
    Last edited by DonP; 10-09-2013, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Ah, man, you're killin' me Brah! One of my biggest gear
      regrets was selling mine. Those are killer amps. When
      you push them hard, the 6Vs protest in a most musical way!

Comment

Nice gut shot. I love gut shots.

Comment

I love my 30. At one time I had the 30 and 50 combos. I thought the 30 was MUCH better so I sold the 50.

Awesome amps, sadly my 30 doesn't get used too much anymore since I got the V3M

Comment

I'll say this, it is easier to tweak and has more great tones than the 50. It is no where near as loud tho and you can still get a lot of great tones from the 50...So the 30 is a great recording amp but barely loud enough for a twin guitar band rehearsal. For $275...a must buy!
            Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xbolt View Post
              I'll say this, it is easier to tweak and has more great tones than the 50. It is no where near as loud tho and you can still get a lot of great tones from the 50...So the 30 is a great recording amp but barely loud enough for a twin guitar band rehearsal. For $275...a must buy!
              Yah, as I recall, that's why I sold mine. It wasn't keeping up with the
              guys I was playing with volume-wise. Still dumb to sell it!

Comment

Those were really good little amps. I repaired a head for a friend years ago and played the shit out of it. It seemed well made too. I'm not a fan of little tubes but it sounded nice.

Comment

I loved those amps when they came out, really good for the money.

Incidentally, I predict you'll be cursing one day when you pick that head up and all the Back-to-Black on it makes it skate out of your hands and biff onto the floor. I reckon id-Lube is the only thing slipperier...
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I came very close to buying the 2x12 version back in the mid 80's...great sounding amp. I ended up with the AOR100 head as I already had a 4x12 and didn't grasp the concept of "portable" in my late teens

I find it amusing when I see all of the modern hot-rodded Marshall-type amps these days (Splawn, Mesa Stiletto, Bogner, etc) being raved about as if they are on to something new...Laney was bringing that tone to the party almost 30 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by thebigz View Post
                      I love my 30. At one time I had the 30 and 50 combos. I thought the 30 was MUCH better so I sold the 50.

Awesome amps, sadly my 30 doesn't get used too much anymore since I got the V3M
                      I agree the 30 sounds better than the 50, or the 100 for that matter. I love my AOR30. its my first "real amp". I started with some POS 10W junker back in 86. then I bought the AOR30 the next year. I still have it. Its a monster of an amp. simple, beautiful, classic. IMO, it will run with the best of them.
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Had a chance to pick up an AOR 30 recently for $200 and passed. After reading these posts I should have jumped on it

Comment

Working...
                        X