Egnater Tourmaster 4212 2 x 12 combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egnater Tourmaster 4212 2 x 12 combo

Anybody own one, heard one or owned one? They also make a head unit called the 4100. I know a guy selling one and he is asking me if I am interested in it.

it's not the tourmaster, but i have switched from using the rivera stuff to using egnater. it sounds great and is easy to dial in. here's a pic of my egnater rig:

Last edited by markD; 09-16-2013, 12:52 PM.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

How is the build quality Mark? The amp is made in China which bothers me a little. Its a 4 channel 2 x 12 combo.

Comment

i have had no issues. i have 2 of the egnater tweakers - a 15 and a 40 watt. i had the 15 watt for two years trouble free before grabbing the 40 watt for live use. the only changes i have made are the power tubes to EL34s. i gig the 40 watt all the time now, and that rack gets battered pretty hard going in and out of the band truck.

i was a bit worried about the chinese build quality too, and felt crazy going from using a $3000 hand built USA rig to a $499 chinese made amp. the tone was there though. the egnater was easier to dial in than the rivera and it was just time for a change. in all honesty, i think the days of sweating "chinese build quality" are over. i pulled the tweaker 15 chasis out to look at it, and it is obviously a PCB built amp, but all the solder joints looked good and it was really no different iside than a modern fender or marshall. everything is neat and tidy under the hood.

hope that helps john...
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

It does help. Thanks.

Comment

Try it out. I've demo'd a few, and they are a honeymoon amp at best. The sound got fatiguing quickly, and really didnt have a sweet spot to my ears. I have heard of reliability issues with that series as well, although I have not experienced it personally.

It's not your daddy's Egnater.

Comment

Working...
            X