Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scored an interesting trade anyone know about a Chris Duarte Rivera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scored an interesting trade anyone know about a Chris Duarte Rivera?

I had an older USA made Hot rod Deville that was lightly modded out by the Previous owner. I had picked it up around 96ish maybe? I cant remember its been with me at least 3 moves now.

Anyway it had been collecting dust so I threw it up on Craigslist for like 400$ figuring someone would snag it. It languished for a month with people kicking tires and then I was offered a trade for a Rivera.

The dude called at 130 in the fuckin morning to offer the trade like I was noon. I responded nicely though i wanted to kick him in the teeth but i found the trade interesting enough and i was at elast 5 beers in.

So not expecting him to follow through i kinda let it go and he called me a week later and asked to meet up.

I figured it would be slaughtered with roasted tubes but it was mint with the midi cable foot pedal and clearly in better shape than my deville.

He plugged in my deville strummed 5 chords showed me his worked (still had a sling on at the time) and we made the trade done deal....

So I now have a "Chris Duarte" signature Rivera that they only made like 30 of or something to that effect. Its an interesting little piece and compliments my Mesa very nicely.

So I am thinkin overall that was a hell of a trade. But now he called me 4 times begging to trade back and making ridiculous offers to add on top. Kinda a strange cat but im callin a trade a trade. Afterall it was he who initiated the whole thing and agreed to it.

I stole this pic but mines the same sans the certificate. Its the only 15" combo I have ever played really a cool piece.

RiveraCDuarte.jpg
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Ooh!! I really like that one. Does it take 6L6`s or EL34`s?

Comment

A trades a trade. Fair is fair. He made the deal so now he's got to live with it.
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Slayer I honestly cant remember its at my buddies shop at the moment he wanted to check it out so I sent it over there and have just been playing it when ive been over there. I am in the midst of redoing my office/shop area and one less thing to move for a bit is cool. I had him also giving it a thorough check while it was there hes good with amps so i figured id let him have at it till im done this coming weekend.

I believe is EL34's
        Haters gonna hate
        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

I have never been a fan of 6L6's I've always used EL34's. To me the EL34's have a warmer and more likable tone.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I remember when those came out. Nice score!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

what do you want to know? i have been a rivera user/enthusiast for over 20 years.
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X