little alligator volume pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little alligator volume pedal

Thinking about getting a little alligator pedal. Whats the current opinion on these? I know the've been out for quite awhile now. Are the newer ones differant/better than the older versions? I have read some reviews that said the pedal wouldn't stay in place without your foot on it.Any of you experience this?

Thinking about using it to keep from changing my rehearsal settings to live settings almost every weekend. Plus of course rythum/lead apps.

Will it help with keeping the tone on a more driven amp volume wise while controlling the louness level with the pedal. Want to use it on a dual rectifier. I can barely run it it past 2 on gigs and of course less for rehearsal.

I like mine. For the last few years I've used it as a lead boost in the loop of a Randall RM100. You can set a minimum volume and heel down for rhythm, tip it forward for lead. Since it is in the loop, it's not effecting the preamp tone, only the level to the power amp. Couldn't tell you the differences between old & new versions.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks G...Have you experienced the pedal floating down to full toe position on it's own? I want the pedal out front in my chain as I allready have 4 30 foot lines on stage and would rather not add 2 more. I guess I could just leave it back closer to the amp or maybe mid stage area.

Comment

nope, never experienced that. I put it heel down at the start of a gig and have never had it move without my help. I've not heard of a volume pedal that does that. Who would want your pedal to creep back to full volume as you played? Have heard of wahs like that, like the Weeping Demon, but it is advertised as a feature and a mechanism is built into the pedal
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I read acouple of "customer reviews" on differant sites i.e. musians friend ,sweetwater that made that statement. I am however very suspious of such reviews and often wonder if they're written by competitors. Thanks again G That's why I asked here I knew I would get the straight answer

Comment

Working...
          X