Nad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nad!

So I joined the lunchbox/low watt crowd. Picked up the Blackstar HT5 mini-stack. I'm honestly impressed with it. Of course I wouldn't have taken it home had I not been. What really impressed me is when I got to turn it up at home. It's very quiet as far as noise goes. At bedroom levels the tone is so so. When it's running full tilt though it sounds amazing. It really doesn't cure the make your ears bleed for good even tone though as it's still way fucking loud at full volume. Anyhow for the price it's pretty cool, fucking loud, sounds good and doesn't weigh 150lbs. For a gig I think it would be amazing provided you had it mic'd. However I don't do that anymore and probably won't again for quite some time.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

I'm confused. 5 watts and then you say at bedroom levels? What are you running through?????

That being said, I love 100 watt heads and haven't tried attenuators or anything.... I feel that you should always be playing at levels where acoustic drums work ~ yeah, all of my neighbors don't love me
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Bedroom levels don't exist in my house! I have 4 100 watt heads, and a 50 watt head right behind me. I'm not into the lunchbox amp thing, but I like Blackstar stuff. I'd like to pick up an HT100 someday.
      Last edited by zeegler; 06-12-2013, 05:49 PM.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

That's what I'm talking about. I like Marshalls and have three. Only two cabs though, need moar!

Comment

My point jay is that even at 5 watts its plenty loud enough to hear across the street at full tilt, which is where it sounds its best. So therefore it still requires use at "bedroom" levels in order to play through it without pissing off the neighbors. However, at "bedroom" levels it lacks its full potential of tone just like a 100 watt amp. So they kind of missed the point of cranked tone at low volumes.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Working...
          X