another new live rig....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another new live rig....

my band has a gig on Saturday at a festival. this is going to be my rig. I have spent the last month tweaking it rehearsals and so far it is KILLING it. here's a pic:

the rack is loaded with:

Furman power conditioner
    Sabine tuner
    Digitech S100
    GCX switcher
    Egnater tweaker 40

in the GCX loops:

1. MXR phase 90
    2. MXR classic distortion
    3. BOSS hyper-fuzz
    4. Egnater channel switching
    5. BOSS ’63 fender reverb
    6. MXR smart gate
    7. S100
    8. MXR carbon copy

loops 1-5 hit the front of the amp, while 6-8 are in the amps loop. I am able to get every tone my band needs, all programmed!! It is really cool.

I control the GCX with a v.2 Ground Control. I was planning on upgrading to a GC pro, but so far I haven’t needed to. I have the GC set up in a 25x4 configuration, where I have 25 banks of 4 pre-sets and instant access to loops 1-6.

I have the GC on a LYT32 board. The LYT also has a tc polytune, MXR dyna comp, EHX big muff and a VOX wah.

The cab is just a standard Marshall 1936, nothing special but it cuts very well.

In all, this rig has given me more options while giving the singer more frequency range. I am pretty psyched to give it a run on Saturday!!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

sweet. I'd love that. Although it would never fit in the car

You used to run a Studio Quad, didn't you? Did the S100 replace it? What are you using it for?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I put the Quad in my studio. It serves better there. The S100 kinda sucks in comparison, but I only use it for chorus on 1 song and flanger for another. If I weren't saving for my summer road trip, I'd probably buy Ward's G-Major to replace it. I will eventually put the S100 back in the studio and replace it with a G-Major. Later on though.

And you're right....it does NOT fit in the car - except for the front seat I could get a half stack in the trunk of either of my cars, this thing....I already HATE transporting it, haha.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

When and where are you playing? I'll be in Venice this weekend.

Comment

Nice looking rig. The Tweaker series are great amps. So many great tones in that little head.
          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Any of you guys live in SoCal and play gigs? I want my face melted with hot riffage. That sounds gay but you get my point.
            8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

outlawten - it is kinda hokey, but we are playing the hernando county corn festival. we are laughing about it considering out last gig was with Kamelot, but it'll be fun - and that's what it is about. the festival is in Brooksville. we play 11:30 - 12:30 (during the peak BBQ eatin' time ). I've gotta head out the door for work, but i'll post the horrific flyer a little bit later.

sorry Floyd - we are in FL not CA. pretty damn far, even to get your "face melted with hot riffage"!!!
              GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

MarkD Give me a shout and give me some specifics. Looking for something fun to do this weekend. 239-200-9625 Andrew

Comment

I'll bring half naked girls. They might be 70 yo.

Comment

Andrew, here are some minor details. I will be at Epcot with my 7th graders today - it is the 7th grade year-end field trip....

Spring Corn Festival at Frazier Farm on June 1st. 11:30-12:30!!! 20175 Manecke Road,Brooksville.

here is the flyer:
                    Last edited by markD; 05-31-2013, 05:03 AM.
                    GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

flyer:

we play from 11:30 - 12:30. I will try to give you a call later.
                      GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Nice rig! Would not want to haul that thing, though.

Comment

There is nothing better than a Cornhole tournament... especially if you are the cornholer and not the cornholee.

Comment

LOL! Cornhole Tournament! If BillZ reads this, he will be busting out the Cobra and driving there to triumph!
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Haha, yeah...it's a doofy gig for sure. I am already teasing lana about getting cornholed- especially since her name spelled backward is anal!!!
                              GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Working...
                              X