Laney Pro Tube Head 50 Watt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laney Pro Tube Head 50 Watt

I saw one of these for sale locally in very/very good conditon. Guy sais it`s like a Marshall JCM 800 with an extra gain stage. Does anybody know anything about these amps? I like the simplicity of it. Price range? Thanks.

Lots of clips on YT about the AOR 50 I happen to like them BTW.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I just serviced one of these a couple of weeks ago.
      Well built, has a good high gain sound for 80's metal.

Comment

I have a couple. Best cheap non-Marshall Marshall out there.

I actually prefer the lower gain channel dimed.

At this moment

Comment

Great sounding amp...

Comment

Thanks fellas!! If it comes down enough to my price point I will probably snagg it. Can it do 80`s thrash and speed metal or does it need some help? If it can`t, I will probably look elsewhere. Just looking for a poor mans Marshall is all. Thanks.

Jack

Comment

IMO yes it can.
              Plenty of gain built in that circuit.

Comment

I prefer my DSL100 for Trash and Speed Metal. The Laney's I used more for a great AC/DC, Tesla, old Def Leppard tone.

I never messed with the high gain channel that much. I got the DSL100 in 1998 and it's been my #1 for many years, but the Laney does the old school Marshall a little better for some things.

Comment

I have the 100-watt version, and yes there's plenty of gain on tap, but overall it's suited better for nwobhm/doom/sludge-stuff than rapid-fire thrash. Takes OD pedals really well though.

Comment

Working...
                  X