Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackstar Amps and others

Hi All

I am intersted in what amps you guys are using with your Jacksons. I have a PC-1 and am selling a PRS to fund another Jackson. I have the Blackstar HT-50 Head and will probably go with a 2 x 12" loaded with Celestions V30 or similar. I had the small HT5RC and it was a great practice amp. Just need a gig worthy setup that wont kill my back.

What are you guys using

Jackson PC-1 Solar 2011
    PRS Custom 22
    Ibanez Artist 77 with Super 70 pickups

Blackstar HT-50 head
    Blackstar HT Dual Pedal (for practice through studio monitors)
    Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9
    TC Electronic Flashback X4
    Sonic Research Turbo tuner ST-200 (Super accurate pedal tuner)
    Last edited by SydneyPC-1; 04-15-2013, 09:22 AM.

I prefer 1/2 stacks. I have a DSL100 1/2 stack, a Randall RM100LB Lynchbox with assorted modules, and a Laney AOR 50.

Comment

Originally posted by SydneyPC-1 View Post
      Just need a gig worthy setup that wont kill my back.
      Back or Bank?
      sigpic
      Action Jackson

Comment

Whatever I'm building this week.

Comment

Randall RM100 and RM50 with a bunch of modules. Carvin 4x12 with V30s and G12T75 in an X. Or one of my 2x12s. Rocktron Intellifex or a bunch 'o pedals for FX. Still looking for the Pick of Destiny... Elusive sonofabitch!!
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

wireless -> pedals/pedals/pedals -> Randall RM100, miscellaneous modules -> pedals in the loop -> Genz Benz 2x12

The RM100 is just about the WORST head you can get if you want to spare your back. I bought a fold-up trolley for lugging it around, so the wheels take all the weight until it needs to be lifted.

if you want a great sounding but easy-to-carry head, check out the Laney Ironheart series. Other guitarist in the band has been gigging his for a while now. Glows red. Built in attenuator too. Nifty units
            Hail yesterday

Comment

in the process of building a huge rig - as of now: guitar - boss tu2 - older fulltone clyde standard wah - stock ts808 reissue - old japan boss ge7 eq - 1977 mxr script phase 90 - original dod 440 envelope filter - original mxr flanger then to the front of a peavey 6505+ - effects loop send to tc electronic shaker vibrato - electro harmonix micro pog - boss (soon to be replaced by a tc electronic original chorus pedal, i'm still trying them out) ch1 chorus - stereo send to tc electronic flashback x4 delay - left send back to return of 6505 - right send to return in of a marshall jcm 900 2x12 combo amp used for power amp section only - and it's getting bigger!
              www.facebook.com/neddistanz

Comment

Working...
              X