Jackson 4x12 Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson 4x12 Thoughts

I wanted to get some opinions on the forum's thoughts on the 80's Jackson 4x12. I have one and just love it and I am thinking of getting another. I don't need another by any means, but IMO, these are hard to find and maybe I'm tone deaf and just a dweeb, but I really like the full sounds these produce.

I know there are two different types; both with the carpet shit on the outsides and (I believe) the older model has dark labeled cones with "Jackson" and the newer model has the red cones labeled "jackson". The set the record straight, I have the black/dark cone and as mentioned, have my eye on another.

Any thoughts good or bad would be appreciated.

I would love to have another red cone bottom cab and yes they sound great.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by straycat; 01-07-2013, 10:03 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

50 watt Eminence red lines are in mine.I would say this cab is the beefiest sounding cab I have.
      I know where a Jackson JG3 full stack is plus two more 4X12's.
      He knows I want them all but he's not selling.
      Last edited by straycat; 01-07-2013, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        I would love to have another red cone bottom cab and yes they sound great.
        I had a couple of these cabs, exactly the same with the red cone Eminence speakers. They were ok, but nothing special IMO, and the carpet covering is bloody awful. You want a really good sounding cab for cheap money? look for an old Peavey VTM/Butcher cab loaded with the Celestion G12K85s.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I have the black coned one, it's a solid 4x12", but I wouldn't say I was completely in love with it...the price was right, so I bought it, but could be convinced to sell if you were in the SoCal area! See below...

Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Decent cab. Decent sounding. Nothing great. I am partial to Peavey 5150 cabs loaded with sheffields.

Comment

I thought they were ok at best...didn't really hold up to a standard T75 loaded Marshall cab in a direct comparison IMO.

Comment

The red ones are worth owning for their looks alone.

Comment

Update: I didn't get the cab and I agree the red one looks great. I picked up a Marshall 1960ax from 1993 that is mint and stock with the greenbacks.....now that is a killer cab.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                    The red ones are worth owning for their looks alone.
                    Indeed! They do sound pretty good, though. Here's my 2x12 pair. The carpeting sure likes to pick up cat hair!
                    jackson2x12s-1.jpg
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sexy 2X12's TJ.

Comment

Thanks. They don't get much use these days, but they are nice... and weigh as much as most 4x12s! Too bad I can't find anyone local to pick them up.

Comment

I considered them a few times but its a bit of a drive for me.LOL

Comment

Sure is.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              Thanks. They don't get much use these days, but they are nice... and weigh as much as most 4x12s! Too bad I can't find anyone local to pick them up.
                              Those 2x12's are Awesome! Just wondering....What would you sell them for as a pair? Each? Thanks!
                              *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
                              *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
                              *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
                              Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
                              *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
                              *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
                              *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
                              *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Comment

Working...
                              X