Live rig choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live rig choices

Like in MarkD's thread about changing live rigs.
    The band I guitar tech and roadie for we had some of the same problems so after discussion the guitar player switched from using a Burris combo and extra 2x12 cab or a Boogie Mk II and 4X12.Quit using the attenuators as well.
    Decided to go with the Boogie Mk II and Marshall 2X12 with greenbacks.Result was a more focused tighter guitar sound that worked!
    Venues are so different be it size and acoustics its hard to find a set up that fills the bill every time.This set up is easier to pack and set up and sounds damn good.
    Guitar pedal board changes a lot too and we found what works and what doesn't.
    Keep it simple and yes less is more IMO when it comes to guitar signal chain. John's board has Clyde wah,MXR carbon copy and a little brute to push the amp when needed.
    I will add in this mix the middle section of the song was the debut of the Cyg/Crosley radio 4 watt champ clone.you can hear it in the center with the Boogie panned left and right.Starts around 2:43.
    http://youtu.be/EXibhIQGD4M
    Last edited by straycat; 12-31-2012, 02:12 AM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

cool tune! i dig the sound, too. that is a lot like the sound my rivera rig was creating - thick and grinding. does the guitarist down tune?
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Nope he is in std tuning.
      Gig tonight at Union Station in Louisville Ky kicked ass.
      Decent crowd too that had a great time.Our buds in Kentucky Ugly rocked out well too.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
      X