Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would you trade a Rick 4003 for a mesa mark 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you trade a Rick 4003 for a mesa mark 4?

I have a chance to trade my Rick 4003 bass for a mesa mark 4. The mesa is a 4a in excellent condition. It is a combo with the footswitch. I see them go for anywhere between $1000 -$1400. I don't use the Rick much as I have a Warwick $$ 5 string I use for all of my bass needs. Does this sound like good deal?
    Last edited by lhrocker; 12-05-2012, 12:24 PM.

I wouldn't do it but if it makes you feel any better.. its a pretty even trade. Personally, I don't like the Mark IV combo but I LOVE the 4003.

What a fantastic bass. I have a Ibanez Soundgear SR1200 and an original Kramer Forum III.

Comment

About the same price wise so do you need a combo amp is the question.
      The 4003's are nice so are the MK 4's.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have a Recto and would like a Mark series to cover the Mesa tones. Had a Mark 3 and a Mark V. Liked the 5 and not so much the 3. I have a lead on a headshell so I can convert the amp to a head and lose about 20 pounds. Just wanted to know if the value between the two are in the same ballpark.

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
          I have a Recto and would like a Mark series to cover the Mesa tones. Had a Mark 3 and a Mark V. Liked the 5 and not so much the 3. I have a lead on a headshell so I can convert the amp to a head and lose about 20 pounds. Just wanted to know if the value between the two are in the same ballpark.
          Pete, the current value is the same. Its probably easier to sell a Mark IV though because there aren't as many of them for sale as Rick 4003's. I just saw a local band where the bass player was playing a 4003. That bass sounded fantastic and is the coolest looking bass ever.

Comment

Working...
          X