Noise suppressor for Boss GT-100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise suppressor for Boss GT-100

I just tried fucking around with the NS1 & NS2 on my Boss GT-100, and they're SHIT. What I want is a noise suppressor to go in the GT-100's loop. It must be transparent but effective. I just did a search on ebay, and saw a Rocktron Reaction Hush pedal. Does anyone have any experience with this pedal?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

ISP Decimator. DO EEET!

G-String for best results. And don't whine about the price either!
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      ISP Decimator. DO EEET!

G-String for best results. And don't whine about the price either!
      Do eeet? Who are you, Arnold Schwarzenegger?
      Which Decimator? The pedal or the rack? What kinda coin should I be looking at, new or used?
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
        I just tried fucking around with the NS1 & NS2 on my Boss GT-100, and they're SHIT. What I want is a noise suppressor to go in the GT-100's loop.
        Just a question
        Where in the signal path is the GT's noisegate?
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
          Do eeet? Who are you, Arnold Schwarzenegger?
          Which Decimator? The pedal or the rack? What kinda coin should I be looking at, new or used?
          I use the 'non-g-string' pedal myself. It was around $150 (Canadian dollars) new. The G-String version is another $100 and adds the ability to gate both the input and the loop based off of the signal going into the input. The rack versions of the same are $450-550 new.

I usually us mine as the first pedal in my signal chain. Sometimes second behind the wah.

The rack versions are a bit better spec wise as far as dynamic range (118dB versus 100dB) and noise reduction ( 120dB vs 60dB ) but of course they are 3x the cost.

The only weakness IMO is they don't have 60Hz hum notch filters to help get rid of hum in extra electrically noisy environments. (50Hz for you bangers and mash types).
          Last edited by Hellbat; 11-24-2012, 05:53 PM.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
            Just a question
            Where in the signal path is the GT's noisegate?
            There are two. NS1 is at the start of the signal chain, NS2 is after the preamp.
            Last edited by wilkinsi; 11-24-2012, 12:50 PM.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
              I use the 'non-g-string' pedal myself. It was around $150 (Canadian dollars) new. The G-String version is another $100 and adds the ability to gate both the input and the loop based off of the signal going into the input. The rack versions of the same are $450-550 new.

I usually us mine as the first pedal in my signal chain. Sometimes second behind the wah.

The rack versions are a bit better spec wise as far as dynamic range (118dB versus 100dB) and noise reduction ( 120dB vs 60dB ) but of course they are 3x the cost.

The only weakness IMO is they don't have 60Hz hum notch filters to help get rid of hum in extra electrically noisy environments. (50Hz for you bangers and mash types).
              Personally, I'd like a Decimator that has all of these good features: 50-60hz notch filter AND the two channels (guitar AND after preamp)
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
              X