Nice tone from an EVH III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice tone from an EVH III

Guitarist said he had the amp 2 years and this clip is straight amp boosted with a tubescreamer. Think I may be going to GC this week and try one myself . In the market for a new amp. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSCQpd9VlfQ

great sound. Great song. Thats a good band.

Comment

Does sound really good.

Comment

I have the new EVH III 50 watt head and cab. Killer amp and an incredible deal at the price. Definitely would recommend a check out. Lots of great tones but does not do the early VH IMO.

Comment

Hey radio does it nail the tone I posted ?

Comment

I would say easily.... I thought the solo tone as well.

Comment

Wow ..great sound great song
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I want one so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A View Post
                  Guitarist said he had the amp 2 years and this clip is straight amp boosted with a tubescreamer.

Ofcourse no doubletracking or postprocessing was used in the making of that song
                  "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I'm with Nightbat, although the recording does sound nice, there is a lot that goes on with it before we get to hear it. So I'll take it for what it's worth and say thanks to the op for posting. I've missed the 80ish style rock from my youth.
                    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

wow, cool tune, great tone !! I want that amp but not cheap...I guess you get what you pay for....
                      -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

absolutely. There are multiple guitar tracks, compression, gates, effects and all the other standard studio schmutz on it but it still sounds great. That is a great sounding amp. I have heard other clips of it too.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                          absolutely. There are multiple guitar tracks, compression, gates, effects and all the other standard studio schmutz on it but it still sounds great. That is a great sounding amp. I have heard other clips of it too.
                          +1

sure its been mixed to hell (very well I might add) but its coming out of an EVH III. I listen to it again, and THAT is a great fukin tone. Very few of us would NOT want that tone....pretty cool.

EDIT: Its not a bad song too...actually...not bad...
                          Last edited by dvscool; 10-01-2012, 11:19 AM.

Comment

just checkin these guys out and found this....I think.....the guitarist is for real....imo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks2OQpASuEs

Comment

i tried a friends 5150III and didn't care too much for it - just didn't do it for me and it seemed very noisy at higher gains - it did have a great clean sound
                              www.facebook.com/neddistanz

Comment

Working...
                              X