Post your pedal boards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your pedal boards!

Ok so I've ALWAYS been a GT user. but recently my curiousity is getting to me and i want to build a good pedal board but i dunno shit about stomp boxes.

I have a 5150, JCM DSL and a Dual Rec half stacks

Currently i have some pedals i just accumulated and decided time to use em.

I have a MXR EQ,DOD Death metal distortion, Boss Metal zone, Boss OD 3 Overdrive, Boss Dynamic Wah, (2) NS2 Boss Noise Suppressors, Boss Flanger, Boss Digital Delay, Tuner and a AB Splitter box.

Now i know this is a HUGE topic with lots of choices. but object is basically to educate me some and since those 3 amps i have is pretty common with people and each amp will sound different.

I just want to keep things simple and just see what you have, how it works, what you think, and would you change anything?

My current pedalboard layout is below....

Guitar -> Bad Horsie 2 Wah -> Korg Pitchblack tuner -> ISP Decimator -> Ibanez AF-2 Flanger -> Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter -> Wampler SLOstortion -> Traynor YCS50 combo input

Pre out (Serial loop) -> Boss PS-6 Harmonist -> TC Flashback Delay -> MXR/CAE 401 booster pedal (solo boost) -> MXR 10 band EQ -> BBE Sonic Stomp -> Power in (Loop return)

I also have a digitech whammy (WH4), Boss CS-3 compressor, Boss SD-1, and EHX Memory Boy pedals that I can throw in for different flavors. The decimator, EQ, and BBE stay on 24/7. The other effects are only used occasionally, for specific parts/songs. I'm not a big effect guy even though I have a bunch.

Since I'm too lazy to take a new pictures, here is an old shot before I tweaked the pedal order a bit. I've also obviously added/subtracted since then.

Pedalboard is a Pedaltrain 2 and Voodoo Labs pedal power 2 PSU. (The pedaltrain board comes with a mounting bracket made for this PSU.)

http://prostagegear.com/products/pedalboards/pt2/
    http://www.voodoolab.com/pedalpower_2.htm

I try to keep the always on pedals on the top row and the ones that get switched in/out on the bottom. I also have a footswitch for my amps channel switch and gain boost functions as well that I typically place to the left of the pedalboard.

For layout you are generally going to want distortion/boost and pitch pedals in front and any time based stuff (delay, reverb, chorus) in the loop. I do find I like my flange and phase before distortion in most cases so mine are in front but both positions are valid.
    Last edited by Hellbat; 03-27-2012, 07:46 PM.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I should also mention my list isn't in any fx chain order lol.

Just to say what I have and what I might need.

I just dont know if I can do better than the gt10 with the fx floorboard software but worth a shot.

Comment

I don't have the space to put all my pedals together on the floor. I do have: Boss GT-10, MT-2, ML-2, Eventide Space.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I recently pared mine down and took some tone suckers off it. The Vox wah is currently in pieces as I mod it for true bypass, the Bad Monkey sounded great when it was on but not when it was off.

I'll try to arrange a current pic, but in the meantime it's something like this:

Line 6 XDS95 receiver -> Ibanez Tu-2 tuner -> MI Audio Crunchbox -> MI Audio Boost'n'Buff -> Randall RM100

serial loop send -> Boss CE-2 chorus -> TC Flashback delay -> Morley Little Alligator (solo boost) -> loop return
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Wilkinsi.

So you use fx floorboard? I have some patches I'd like to send you to try out with your gt10.

I think these I made sound amazing.

Would have to tweak cab/mic setting to your setup but pm me with your email if you wanna try em

Comment

Can I just post a pic of a guitar cord?

...I love you
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That's cheating Bill, I know you use a BBE!
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
                  I should also mention my list isn't in any fx chain order lol.

Just to say what I have and what I might need.

I just dont know if I can do better than the gt10 with the fx floorboard software but worth a shot.
                  The most powerful pedal you have there is the EQ. This is best done it you have a couple of longer cables so you can sit back while someone else plays. Run straight in to your amp with the EQ in the loop set flat. Set up a tone that you like on the amp to get your "Base". While your assistant plays just move the bands up and down one at a time to add or remove the EQ frequencies until you are happy with the setting.

It's a lot easier to be objective about the eq changes when somebody else is playing, that's what makes an assistant more valuable, but you can definitely pull it off on your own too.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
                    Wilkinsi.

So you use fx floorboard? I have some patches I'd like to send you to try out with your gt10.

I think these I made sound amazing.

Would have to tweak cab/mic setting to your setup but pm me with your email if you wanna try em
                    Thanks Corpse. I use FX Floorboard all the time.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Here is my latest, there are lots of great pedals to choose from these days.

pb7-1.jpg

Comment

With a built in noise gate in the Engl Fireball, and Planet Waves circuit breaker cables, all I need is a tuner.
                        Last edited by Richard W; 03-28-2012, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mjtripper View Post
                          Here is my latest, there are lots of great pedals to choose from these days.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3799[/ATTACH]
                          You have some cool pedals there! I like the little plastic shields on the knobs, I take it they are there to keep the settings from accidentally being changed?
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                            You have some cool pedals there! I like the little plastic shields on the knobs, I take it they are there to keep the settings from accidentally being changed?
                            Thanks, yup those are to keep the settings intact. I have them written down on a queue sheet as well but I got tired of them moving around as it goes in and out of the case which is just a padded keyboard bag. I cut them out of old rubbermaid containers and then just put little sticky back velcro dots on them and little pieces of velcro on top of the knobs. They come off easily but don't fall off. It's worked out great for me so far.

Comment

Here's mine. White powder coated Pedaltrain JR with Voodoo Lab's ISO 5. Effects order. Snow white/black bevels Jackson RR5 > Line 6 G50 > Morley tuner > Morley mini wah > Morley mini volume > Ivory EVH 5150 III 50W amp. My amp footswitch will be mounted above the wah and volume.
                              Attached Thumbnails

EDIT: Tried to fix the issue with the pictures, i can view them. Might have something to do with me copying this post from a similar thread from Marshallforum.
                              Last edited by kermitz; 03-29-2012, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X