Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rivera Quiana 50w Head... anybody ever hear one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivera Quiana 50w Head... anybody ever hear one?

I have a chance to score a minty one. There are very few clips on Youtube and the ones that are on there are not good quality. Judging by the specs it seems almost like a 50w version of my Duo Hundred Twelve but in a head version.
    It has a focus control that mine doesn't have. Besides that, it looks very similar.
    What does it sound like thats different from my R100-212A?

the sound will be pretty much the same. you have a couple of other tonal options with the focus control. that amp also has the "vintage/moder" or "pentode/triode" switch on the back panel. that gives A LOT more difference in that it works similar to mesa's "simul-class" - changes the characteristics of the power stage.

it's a good amp. if you have the money you may want it just so you have a head version of an amp you enjoy. if you want something "special" and different from what you have, don't lose sleep over it....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

oh, the quiana MAY run with 6L6 tubes instead of EL34s....i know that rivera put out a couple 6L6 amps in the mid/late 90s.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
        oh, the quiana MAY run with 6L6 tubes instead of EL34s....i know that rivera put out a couple 6L6 amps in the mid/late 90s.
        Thanks bro. BTW.. my Duo Hundred Twelve is running big bottle Ruby 6L6's.

Comment

sure thing!! ah, your amp was changed. factory set-up was EL34s.
          GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Never heard the head version but, I sure liked the 3 Quiana combo's I've played through. My favorite Riviera actually.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Working...
            X