played my V3m in a band situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• played my V3m in a band situation

The Carvin v3m pulled its weight in a band with a loud drummer and guitarist. Tone was amazing and it cut through very well. I need to tweak it a lot but it has tons of potential.
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

very cool!! was the low end tight enough? my experience with a lot of amps that have el84 power tubes is that the hotter the power tubes get, the squishier and looser the tone becomes. this has been the biggest thing that holds me off from getting one....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Nice. I don't play live, but I love the tone of my V3M in using it as my living room rig.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I thought it was pretty tight, and I am using stock tubes. A lot of users have been upgrading to JJ tubes.
        My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Nice. I don't play live, but I love the tone of my V3M in using it as my living room rig.
          Do your cats like it too?
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Balls

I tried out my V3M for a few days then sent it back. It was a nice amp, light weight, a variety of tones, but I couldn't justify it over my current live amp. I tested it at my stage volume through a 2X12, side by side with my 50 watt combo through my other identical 2x12. My 5881 combo had more meat n' potatoes to the sound. I tried a variety of toggle settings, EQ'ing, and wattage settings on the V3M. It's not that it was bad, it was just not as thick and lacked the low-end I was used to. I did not like the reverb on the V3M.

Comment

Working...
            X