Amp help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp help

This is how my luck goes.... just got my San Dimas 2 days ago and my Fender M-80 amp blew up which may be a blessing. Here's my problem, I live in an apartment complex and playing at higher volume is not an option. Usually played through headphones or played at very low volumes which killed my tone. I was thinking of getting just a Zoom G3 or similiar to use with headphones only. Play blues, Floyd, classic rock etc.... not real high gain metal. Does anyone have any suggestions.

VHT special 6 ultra. 6 watts. beautiful sounds out of a $300 tube amp. as quiet as you want and it retains great tone. but it can get really loud if you need it. its only 1 channel, but you can get clean to full metal tone, and anywhere in between with just some knob tweaks. easy to use. damn nice value.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

There's lots of nice low-wattage tube amps out there. have you tried any modeling amps? I'm not a fan of them but I've heard a few that sound pretty damned good for the price. Vox and even Line 6 pod sound ridiculously good, lots of nice practice features you won't find on even a nice tube amp.

Comment

I plug my guitar into a pink marshmallow peep...I love it.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hit the pawn shop and get a line 6 POD and go the headphone route.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yeah if you are used to playing through headphones a POD or Toneport or something similar would be the way to go. Zoom did just release some new modeling pedals at NAMM too but I'm not too familiar with the quality of their modeling.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              Hit the pawn shop and get a line 6 POD and go the headphone route.
              +1 on the POD. I used that at first, but then tried going to small amps like a Vox VT15 and a GDEC, but the POD seemed to work the best.

Comment

Working...
              X